RJEL Final Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Final Keepers

I have nine keepers set, one up for grabs. 18 team keeper, 5x5, OBP in place of BA. What's your opinion on who I should keep and who I should toss?

1 - Lincecum 22X
    2 - N. Cruz 19X
    3 - Werth 6X
    4 - C. Buchholz 5B
    5 - Storen 6A
    6 - J. Zimmermann 1B
    7 - De La Rosa 5 opt
    8 - M. Byrd 5 opt
    9 - Chris Johnson 5B

My 10th spot is up for grabs:
    a - Victorino 24B
    b - A. Gonzalez 5B
    c - Thole 2A
    d - C. Richard 5B

I have these up and comers in the minors:
    - Mike Minor
    - Kenley Jansen
    - Kyle Gibson
    - Brett Jackson
    - Tyler Flowers
    - Chad James
    - Mark Trumbo
    - Lucas Duda

I traded Chris Sale 1B (ML-eligible) for Clay Buchholz 5B this morning, and had traded the #1.07 rookie pick + Fernando Martinez (ML) for Storen last week.

Should I trade away a Lincecum, who's gotten a lot of nibbles, for a package deal; trade a later round ML pick for someone else's non-keepers; or stick with what I have and pick from one of those four keeper candidates?
    Last edited by revo; 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM.

I'd vote for the low-level minor league pick for someone else's keeper (even if it is not mine). I'm not a huge fan of your 4 other options and I think there are enough teams in our league who are advertising that "come and get my extra keeper" that you could find a good deal.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    I have nine keepers set, one up for grabs. 18 team keeper, 5x5, OBP in place of BA. What's your opinion on who I should keep and who I should toss?

1 - Lincecum 22X
    2 - N. Cruz 19X
    3 - Werth 6X
    4 - C. Buchholz 5B
    5 - Storen 6A
    6 - J. Zimmermann 1B
    7 - De La Rosa 5 opt
    8 - M. Byrd 5 opt
    9 - Chris Johnson 5B

My 10th spot is up for grabs:
    a - Victorino 24B
    b - A. Gonzalez 5B
    c - Thole 2A
    d - C. Richard 5B

I have these up and comers in the minors:
    - Mike Minor
    - Kenley Jansen
    - Kyle Gibson
    - Brett Jackson
    - Tyler Flowers
    - Chad James
    - Mark Trumbo
    - Lucas Duda

I traded Chris Sale 1B (ML-eligible) for Clay Buchholz 5B this morning, and had traded the #1.07 rookie pick + Fernando Martinez (ML) for Storen last week.

Should I trade away a Lincecum, who's gotten a lot of nibbles, for a package deal; trade a later round ML pick for someone else's non-keepers; or stick with what I have and pick from one of those four keeper candidates?

Comment

Where I stand:

1B Morales 4 (opt)---likely 9
      3B Beltre 18
      SS Pennington 1
      OF Pagan 5
      OF Snider 1
      OF Span 9
      OF J Rivera 1 (opt)
      UT Thome 4

P B Anderson 5
      P C Lewis 1
      P W Rodriguez 3 (opt)
      P C Perez 9
      P Thornton 4
      P League 5

Minors who may help:
      Conger
      Walden
      Schlereth
      Sale

So that's 14 keepers with a max of 10. 4 to cut or trade.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

The four guys I would cut from Grinch's team are Beltre, Rivera, Thome, and League. Revo should trade Trumbo for one of them--League or Thome look the most valuable--because Grinch could use Trumbo (hit his 3rd HR today) to back up Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
          The four guys I would cut from Grinch's team are Beltre, Rivera, Thome, and League. Revo should trade Trumbo for one of them--League or Thome look the most valuable--because Grinch could use Trumbo (hit his 3rd HR today) to back up Morales.
          That's funny, because he offered me Thome, JRivera or ABeltre for Trumbo this morning, and I took his other offer of Buchholz for Sale!

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
            HEY Are you hacking into my E-Mails???????
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

ok, since we are talking keepers, I think this is my final keepers list. 5x5 NL only auction league. Curious to see if anyone thinks I'm making any fatal mistakes here.

Active Batters Salary
              LuCroy, Jonathan(C) MIL 4
              Thole, Josh(C) NYM 4
              Freeman, Freddie(1B) ATL 8
              Prado, Martin(2B,3B) ATL 8
              Castro, Starlin(SS) CHC 5
              Bernadina, Roger(OF) WAS 4
              Colvin, Tyler(OF) CHC 5
              Huff, Aubrey(1B,OF) SF 5
              Torres, Andres(OF) SF 6
              Broxton, Jonathan(P) LA 13
              Garcia, Jaime(P) STL 5
              Kuo, Hong-Chih(P) LA 4
              Niese, Jonathon(P) NYM 5
              Oswalt, Roy(P) PHI 21

I think I'm going to stick Prado at 3B and Huff at CI. I think Oswalt may be a little high but with the Phils he should be good for 12 - 15 wins and, if he stays healthy, he's always good for Ks. I'm a little worried about his ERA and WHIP in that bandbox the Phils play in but he seems to have something to prove this year.

This leaves me with 13 positions to fill and just over $18 to spend on draft day. Anyone see any real blunders here? I'm wondering if I've got too many potential platooning players (Colvin, Torres, Bernadina).

Comment

Originally posted by Blue&White View Post
                ok, since we are talking keepers, I think this is my final keepers list. 5x5 NL only auction league. Curious to see if anyone thinks I'm making any fatal mistakes here.

Active Batters Salary
                Thole, Josh(C) NYM 4
                Colvin, Tyler(OF) CHC 5
                Huff, Aubrey(1B,OF) SF 5
                Torres, Andres(OF) SF 6
                Garcia, Jaime(P) STL 5
                Kuo, Hong-Chih(P) LA 4
                Niese, Jonathon(P) NYM 5
                Oswalt, Roy(P) PHI 21

I think I'm going to stick Prado at 3B and Huff at CI. I think Oswalt may be a little high but with the Phils he should be good for 12 - 15 wins and, if he stays healthy, he's always good for Ks. I'm a little worried about his ERA and WHIP in that bandbox the Phils play in but he seems to have something to prove this year.

This leaves me with 13 positions to fill and just over $18 to spend on draft day. Anyone see any real blunders here? I'm wondering if I've got too many potential platooning players (Colvin, Torres, Bernadina).
                Hmmm....I like each one of these as stand alone keeps. Some how all together it seems a bit lacking. Yet you have enough money to make that up. I do not see any mistakes. I hope that there are some heavy weights in the auction that you can spend the cash on. If you can do this you should be fighting for a title.

Comment

Active Batters Salary
                  Thole, Josh(C) NYM 4
                  Colvin, Tyler(OF) CHC 5
                  Huff, Aubrey(1B,OF) SF 5
                  Torres, Andres(OF) SF 6
                  Garcia, Jaime(P) STL 5
                  Kuo, Hong-Chih(P) LA 4
                  Niese, Jonathon(P) NYM 5
                  Oswalt, Roy(P) PHI 21

I have no idea who's available in your league, and I hate to be brutally honest, but you're like the hot chick walking into the deserted haunted house -- you have no idea what's gonna hit ya.

I feel like I need to put my arm around you.

You're keeping so much of nothing, your head is going to spin when you end up in the bottom quartile of every category. You have no power, no speed, no experience, no strikeouts, no saves, no nothing. I'm sorry, Gregg couldn't be more on the mark. You really need every guy you're keeping to pull through, it's almost virtually impossible.

Perhaps I'll be so wrong this will be funny, but as a whole, I don't see any lasting statistical inputs.

To avert disaster, I'd chuck LuCroy, Thole, Bernadina, Broxton, Kuo, Niese & Oswalt, and take that dough and find a better mixture.

Comment

I have no idea who's available in your league, and I hate to be brutally honest, but you're like the hot chick walking into the deserted haunted house -- you have no idea what's gonna hit ya.
                    That is hilarious. And, I understand what you're saying. My feeling is that any one of these guys is solid as a keeper but combined they are a lot of risk. I've had that feeling all along, to be honest. I need to have a perfect draft for this to work AND I need all these guys to meet or exceed expectations.

I disagree that I have no speed, strike outs or saves, from this group, but the power is absolutely a problem. I think with this line up I'll get a steals out of Torres, Bernadina and (hopefully) Castro. I'll get saves out of Broxton and K's out of Kuo and Oswalt (who I know his getting lit up this winter but I'm not worrying about it right now) and I think my pitching is ok here.

I think Gregg's comment is probably spot on: no obvious mistakes but as a group they are lacking.

I've got to see if I can make a trade or two before draft day.

Comment

That is hilarious. And, I understand what you're saying. My feeling is that any one of these guys is solid as a keeper but combined they are a lot of risk. I've had that feeling all along, to be honest. I need to have a perfect draft for this to work AND I need all these guys to meet or exceed expectations.

I disagree that I have no speed, strike outs or saves, from this group, but the power is absolutely a problem. I think with this line up I'll get a steals out of Torres, Bernadina and (hopefully) Castro. I'll get saves out of Broxton and K's out of Kuo and Oswalt (who I know his getting lit up this winter but I'm not worrying about it right now) and I think my pitching is ok here.

I think Gregg's comment is probably spot on: no obvious mistakes but as a group they are lacking.

I've got to see if I can make a trade or two before draft day.
                      Active Batters Salary
                      Thole, Josh(C) NYM 4
                      Colvin, Tyler(OF) CHC 5
                      Huff, Aubrey(1B,OF) SF 5
                      Torres, Andres(OF) SF 6
                      Garcia, Jaime(P) STL 5
                      Kuo, Hong-Chih(P) LA 4
                      Niese, Jonathon(P) NYM 5
                      Oswalt, Roy(P) PHI 21

I think I would drop Lucroy, Colvin, Niese. Perhaps shop those guys with Huff for a more reliable piece. The team is fine as long as there will be studs available because thats pretty much what you need to go after, a few big timers.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                      X