Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granderson for any of these guys?

12 team AL only 5x5 roto obp instead of avg

I have only high priced guys with some value to try and rebuild this off season

One owner has offered the following

my Granderson $30 1yr for Tillman $2 2yrs (can extend next off season $5 per yr) and a mid reserve draft pick

He also has

Profar $5 xx (which i'm not gonna get for Grandy)
    Trumbo $3 (same as above)
    Middlebrooks $10 2yrs
    Giavotella $2 2yrs
    L.Martin $10 2yrs (if he makes team)
    McLouth $3 2yrs
    Guthrie $2 2yrs
    F.Morales $2 2yrs (may start in Bos)
    M.Perez $10 2 yrs (if he makes the rotation)
    Villarreal $1 2yrs

Any of these other guys (except the top 2) worth getting instead or maybe is there another guy to try and realisitcally get added with Tillman?

I'll take Granderson in if I Can't get a decent return. I may get more if I trade him after the 1st month of the season.

Thanks guys

If he were willing to do Middlebrooks, Tillman and one of Giovatella/Martin I'd consider it. I think three of them plus $8 could match Grandy's value this year.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      If he were willing to do Middlebrooks, Tillman and one of Giovatella/Martin I'd consider it. I think three of them plus $8 could match Grandy's value this year.
      Depending on your other keepers (if you have room) I would not consider this I would do it in a heart beat!

For me Middlebrooks is the target. In a rebuild I would be happy to take Middlebrooks and Tillman for Grandy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Depending on your other keepers (if you have room) I would not consider this I would do it in a heart beat!

For me Middlebrooks is the target. In a rebuild I would be happy to take Middlebrooks and Tillman for Grandy.
        I agree with the guys on this as well.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

agreed, go after Middlebrooks.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I would not trade a $10 Middlebrooks for a $30 Granderson straight up. If you offer your Granderson for Middlebrooks, Tillman, and Giovatella you're going to get laughed out of the building and the offer will immediately be posted in the horrible offers thread.XX
            This. If that guy's keeper list is representative of the rest of the league, there isn't alot of inflation, so you basically have Granderson at market value. I'm guessing he looks at Middlebrooks as 5 to 10 in definite profit, so asking for him is a non-starter. For a rebuilding team his roster doesn't offer alot between the untouchables and the scrap pile, other than Tillman.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
              This. If that guy's keeper list is representative of the rest of the league, there isn't alot of inflation, so you basically have Granderson at market value. I'm guessing he looks at Middlebrooks as 5 to 10 in definite profit, so asking for him is a non-starter. For a rebuilding team his roster doesn't offer alot between the untouchables and the scrap pile, other than Tillman.
              I think I'll offer him Granderson and my 1st rnd reserve pick for Middlebrooks and see what he comes back with. I may settle on something like Tillman and L.Martin or just take Granderson in and trade him after the draft to an owner that feels he has the team to win, I'd probably get more then.

Comment

Got an offer today of M.Sano $5xx and Britton $2 1yr for my 1st reserve pick. I've asked him for Sano before and jumped on this

Comment

Well, just as I was considering a little better offer or considering taking him in, he now has very little if any value in my league going into the draft. at $30 in the last yr of his contract he was a tough sale to get something really good in return. I would not take him in at this point. Would rather use the money to get someone else to trade in the first month to help build my team for 2014. He doesn't steal any more and his obp doesn't help.

I'm taking in my $29 Cano, $22 Mauer, $11 Holland, $3 Mastrionni and maybe $19 Konerko. I traded away 2 reserve draft picks last year and my good minor league guys and have no minor leagues guys to even take in (we can take up to 3) so my team is pretty bad.

Would getting a decent reserve pick and even a decent minor league keeper be the best I can expect now? I guess I should be happy to get anything that might help me at this point? I've put him out there and no owner has offered anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X