and The Mighty Cutch has popped out as winning run at plate

back to St. Louis
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Tough loss for sure. Trying to be positive I get another day of baseball to watch between these two teams. Glad to see Hurdle go with Cole. All hands on deck for game five and hopefully a few bats.
      Last edited by frae; 10-08-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• So I can see most of the game I am a Dodgers fan tonight. We have Open House at my school Weds and unfortunately it starts at 7. We should be done by 9, but if the game starts at 5 I will definitely miss the last 3 plus innings, if it starts at 8 I should see the last 6 innings. Either way it will be one of the poorest attended open houses in recent memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          So I can see most of the game I am a Dodgers fan tonight. We have Open House at my school Weds and unfortunately it starts at 7. We should be done by 9, but if the game starts at 5 I will definitely miss the last 3 plus innings, if it starts at 8 I should see the last 6 innings. Either way it will be one of the poorest attended open houses in recent memory.
          I see two options here: bring your laptop and stream it or call in sick Wed. am.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            I see two options here: bring your laptop and stream it or call in sick Wed. am.
            Well the sick thing is out as I have to air a video to the whole building. If the game is at 8 I will stream it on mute to a tv in my room. The dads will appreciate it, the moms might not get it. Hopefully no one comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              wow, Harrison attempts to steal 2nd but starts his slide too early and is caught easily.
              One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Trying to steal against Yadi Molina?

It was idiotic when Hurdle put Harrison in to run for Morneau yesterday, but it ended up working out, so he was encouraged to do it again today. If you want a little more speed, fine, but Harrison isn't Billy Hamilton out there. You don't run on Yadi in that situation.

The Pirates still got a huge break in the 9th when Rosey walked Neil (I can't hit so I'm just a) Walker, but Cutch couldn't come through. I guess he's human after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                It was idiotic when Hurdle put Harrison in to run for Morneau yesterday...
                He still can't manage past the inning he's in. I guarantee you, it never occurred to him that a "caught stealing" might cost his team a critical McCutcheon AB in the 9th.

You guys had better pray Game 5 doesn't come down to a chess match between the managers...
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• The wait is killing me! If I get out of open house and it is a close game I don't know how my stomach is going to handle it. Let's go Bucs!

Comment

• Well, it was fun while it lasted. The Pirates carried their old LCS ability to lose deciding games to this year's LDS. They're fine when they get to the World Series (haven't lost one since 1927), but before that...

In any event, there's actual optimism for next year. The deals they made to improve the offense for the stretch run (Byrd and Morneau) didn't cost that much, and while some parts will leave via free agency, it's nothing crippling. Get some offensive upgrades and they're set.

Yes, even if it means spending some money.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• It was fun, sad to see it end. I will say while it didn't matter in the end score, why in the world did Hurdle not bring in lefty to pitch to Adams. I love want Clint has brought to this team and this is lightyears better than what we have been watching for the last 20 years, but it looks to me like he didn't really embrace the situational managing needed to win in the post season. You can't just say Melancon is my 8th inning guy no matter who is at bat.

Anyway, the season was great and I do believe in the core of the team and there is some real talent still to come. Let's go Bucs!

Comment

• A disappointing end to the season for sure. But, the Pirates exceeded everyone's expectations except for Clint Hurdle, who predicted 95 regular season wins only to fall one short. To get 97 wins with three of those wins coming in the post-season from this team was a great way to end the 20 year losing streak. It was a great ride and gives Pirates fans a lot of hope for next season. The expectations for 2014 are definitely a lot higher now.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X