Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Ouch!
    Great bounce back for Liriano, CG W vs. StL.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      That previous game was the first time Liriano had ever pitched in Coors Field and it flattened out his slider. He obviously wasn't ready for that.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post

agreed. I fully expected St Lou to win last night. The Pirates showed some moxie.

Now if the Reds can keep capitalizing on the weak part of their sked, this will be a great 3 team race.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

After having great success with recent pitching reclamation projects Jason Grilli, Mark Melancon, A.J. Burnett and Francisco Liriano, the Pirates are now going to try their luck with Kyle Farnsworth. I'm starting to think Pirates pitching coach Ray Searage deserves a pay raise/contract extension.

Rotoworld:
          Pirates signed RHP Kyle Farnsworth to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Indianapolis.
          Farnsworth was released by the Rays last week after posting a 5.76 ERA over 39 appearances this season. The veteran reliever could join the Pirates' bullpen in September.
          Aug 16 - 5:35 PM
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tabata since Lambo arrived in Pittsburgh to take his job: 3-3 with 2 doubles Thursday and 1-3 with a 2 run homer Friday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Tabata since Lambo arrived in Pittsburgh to take his job: 3-3 with 2 doubles Thursday and 1-3 with a 2 run homer Friday.
              I'm grateful for that, but repeat after me, "Sample size. Sample size. Sample size."

My ambition remains small. 82 wins. More than that is great, a playoff berth is the cherry on the sundae. A World Series win? Well, I put $25 on them at 40-1 in Vegas last December, so not only would it be wonderful, it would be quite profitable.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                I'm grateful for that, but repeat after me, "Sample size. Sample size. Sample size."
                Lambo optioned back to AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Lambo optioned back to AAA.
                  And like clockwork, Tabata is 0-2 so far today

Comment

Win #73 last night. Just nine to go, .250 ball the rest of the way will do it.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      Win #73 last night. Just nine to go, .250 ball the rest of the way will do it.
                      we will rename the "jink" to the "DQ" if they don't make it....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        we will rename the "jink" to the "DQ" if they don't make it....
                        If they don't make it, I will deserve that "honor".

-- William James

Comment

• Uh oh, Wandy Rodriguez owners/fans and Pirates fans. From Rotoworld--

"Wandy Rodriguez will visit Dr. James Andrews next week after feeling more pain in his left forearm during a simulated game Thursday.
                          Rodriguez felt discomfort during a bullpen session earlier this week but decided to go forward with Thursday's sim game. Obviously, it didn't go as hoped. The left-hander's season seems likely to be over, and at this point he's probably just hoping to avoid Tommy John surgery. Rodriguez has a $13 million player option for 2014, with the Pirates being responsible for $7.5 million of that total."

This may not effect this year too much, but it could be a wasted $7.5 million out of next year's budget.

-- William James

Comment

• Garrett Jones hitting just .235 with 12 hr and 43 rbi. And now this from Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that Kendrys Morales has been claimed on waivers by an unknown team.

Hmmmn..................

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Garrett Jones hitting just .235 with 12 hr and 43 rbi. And now this from Rotoworld:

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that Kendrys Morales has been claimed on waivers by an unknown team.

Hmmmn..................
                              While he could be an upgrade, this Morales owner would like to remind you that he hasn't exactly been on fire the last month.

-- William James

Comment

• I don't know if this will help, but at least the Pirates are in a position where dealing in late August may get them somewhere. From Rotoworld--

"Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that the Mets have traded Marlon Byrd and John Buck to the Pirates.
                                Both players are fine fits for Pittsburgh, as Byrd provides some much-needed outfield help while Buck will back up Russell Martin now that Michael McKenry (knee) is out for the rest of the season. Jon Heyman of CBS Sports hears that the Mets will receive a minor leaguer and a player to be named later in return."

Both players could be valuable reserves. I'd prefer to see Buck playing only once a week in relief of Martin, and Byrd filling in for a hot Tabata or Lambo, with both as pinch-hitters the bulk of the time.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X