Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the worst team in Baseball this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the worst team in Baseball this year?

Twins, Cubs, Astros or ??

.....or the Marlins?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      .....or the Marlins?
      I thought the question referred to mlb. Marlins shall rule double A!!

Comment

I'm afraid it shall be my beloved Twins. Even if they should score, they have no means to keep the other team from scoring more.

Comment

Twins, until they get away from this ridiculous pitch to contact nonsense

Comment

Top contenders from Baseball Prospectus projected 2013 records:

Astros 63-99
            Marlins 66-96
            Twins 66-96
            Rockies 72-90
            Orioles 74-88
            Padres 76-86
            Royals 76-86
            Cubs 77-85
            White Sox 77-85

And from CAIRO projected 2013 records:

Astros 61-101
            Mariners 67-95
            Twins 67-95
            Marlins 69-93
            Rockies 72-90
            Mets 72-90
            Cubs 73-89
            Indians 74-88
            Orioles 76-86

Vegas has six teams at 100:1 odds to win the World Series in 2013:

Astros, Twins, Marlins, Rockies, Mets, Padres

and two teams at 80:1:
            Mariners, Indians

and four teams at 50:1:
            Orioles, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Pirates
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

My guess is that it's going to be Houston, and it's not going to be close. Once they trade Norris, as they seem determined to do, they have even less of a staff than the Twins do, and that's saying a lot.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Why such a fall for the Orioles?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Even if they dont have the most losses, the Marlins will easily be the worst team, at least in the fans' view. Here's the line for the first day game tickets went on sale:

marlinstickets020913.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Even if they dont have the most losses, the Marlins will easily be the worst team, at least in the fans' view. Here's the line for the first day game tickets went on sale:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]284[/ATTACH]
                    Why select a seat? Just buy the cheapest ticket and basically sit where you want. I can see an average of under 10,000 per game. Although I think the Astros will have the worst record this year at least there is hope with new ownership and KS bringing his magic.

Comment

As bad as the Twins' roster looks, the answer has to be the Astros. Sales of scorecards should be up. IN a couple years tho, it should be very different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

and four teams at 50:1:
                        Orioles, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Pirates
                        I "only" got 40-1 on the $25 I put on the Pirates when I was in Vegas in December. I also put $50 on the Giants at 7-1 and $25 on the Nationals at 8-1.

I was afraid to ask what the odds were on the Astros, not that I would have bet on them. Sorry Mike, but I am not totally insane (as a Pirate fan, I qualify as partially insane). I'm not saying the Astros will NEVER win a World Series, but it's not going to happen any time soon. At least they seem to have a plan, which is more than I'll say for the Marlins.

Worst record? Tough call. Houston or Miami.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Why such a fall for the Orioles?
                          because they played way over their heads last year, and did nothing to improve in the off-season.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            I "only" got 40-1 on the $25 I put on the Pirates when I was in Vegas in December. I also put $50 on the Giants at 7-1 and $25 on the Nationals at 8-1.

I was afraid to ask what the odds were on the Astros, not that I would have bet on them. Sorry Mike, but I am not totally insane (as a Pirate fan, I qualify as partially insane). I'm not saying the Astros will NEVER win a World Series, but it's not going to happen any time soon. At least they seem to have a plan, which is more than I'll say for the Marlins.

Worst record? Tough call. Houston or Miami.
                            Marlins management does have a plan it just doesn't involve trying to win this year.

Comment

The Vegas win total over/unders are out now:
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X