Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11: Neil Walker

Quoting myself from another thread:

I just think, in a 10-team NL only, the options at 2B aren't *that* bad. Ironically (given his name), Walker doesn't walk much, and he doesn't run. He's Freddy Sanchez 2.0. He needed a .340 BABIP to hit .296 and without that AVG his value isn't very good. I will give you that he had a very nice 22.4% LD rate and maybe he really is that good a hitter, but you're really betting that he is.

I still expect him to hit #2 between Tabata and McCutchen, but Hurdle hasn't committed to a lineup yet. Walker had a 19.5% K rate and a 7% walk rate - not horrible, but nothing special either. Given health and 550 ABs he could hit .288-14-65-75r-1sb.

is quoting yourself from another thread like speaking in the 3rd person?

I like the contact rate but I dont think he is a .300 hitter so I expect the OBP to regress to around .340. Without much power or speed he will be Howie Kendrick with a few more homers and a little less average.

.275-15-60-75r-2sb
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
    X