Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I trade Altuve plus three other keepers for Bautista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I trade Altuve plus three other keepers for Bautista?

15-team 5x5 Ultra league.

I'd be giving:

Altuve 2A
    Fowler 3A
    Harvey 7A
    EdJackson 2A

To get:

Bautista 15X (meaning I'd have him at $15 for both the 2013 and 2014 seasons)

How concerned should I be about Bautista's wrist and the terrible AVG last season? It would also essentially fill up my OF before the draft.

I think that if I made the trade my keeper list would be:

1B Butler 21A
    SS As.Cabrera 2B
    3B Longoria 20Y
    OF McCutchen 35A
    OF Harper 15B
    OF Bautista 15X
    OF Gordon 10B
    OF Pagan 9A or G.Jones 1A
    SP Wainwright 2B
    P Estrada 4A, S.Miller 5B or D.Robertson 1B

So as you can see, other than Altuve, I'm not even certain I would be keeping the other guys I'd give up to get Bautista.

I think you'll find that Bautista's contract is actually $15Y, as not all of the contracts on the league site have been aged yet. If I'm right, you would only have Bautista for 2013.

Likewise, all of your "A" guys are really "B" guys, and Longoria is a "Z" guy in his final year. And you have to make your decision now on what to do with Harper, as he will be a "C" guy unless you extend him. Just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I think you'll find that Bautista's contract is actually $15Y, as not all of the contracts on the league site have been aged yet. If I'm right, you would only have Bautista for 2013.

Likewise, all of your "A" guys are really "B" guys, and Longoria is a "Z" guy in his final year. And you have to make your decision now on what to do with Harper, as he will be a "C" guy unless you extend him. Just saying....
      Right, I'm still listing the 2012 contract status because we haven't made extension decisions yet (which would be required on all my B players). So if Bautista is listed as an X, I'd have him at that price for Year Y in 2013 and Year Z in 2014. You're correct that Longoria 20Y will be an expiring Z contract by draft day. I'll probably extend Wainwright and maybe a few of those B hitters, too.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        So as you can see, other than Altuve, I'm not even certain I would be keeping the other guys I'd give up to get Bautista.
        Seems like a no-brainer. Going into the auction with an OF full of studs is a nice problem to have. With DH open you can still nominate $30+ OF to get others to spend their money.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You're right. It is confusing, since some of the contracts have aged and some have not. On the site we had when I was a commish, every January I would push a button and all contracts would automatically age, even the ones which had been extended. You just have to specify that X becomes Y, etc.

I think the trade is a good one, yet I would not do it if I were you, so you can trade me Fowler.

Comment

I would make the trade.

Comment

I would do the trade also.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I accepted the deal. Makes my final keeper decisions a lot easier, too, by narrowing the list.

Comment

With Joey Bats now in the fold and Altuve/Fowler out, I think it makes more sense to balance my offense's stats going into the auction with Pagan at $9 rather than G.Jones at $1. Do y'all agree? Or is Jones enough of a better bargain price to just go with it and look for some additional SBs with my open 2B/MI/UT slots. Alternatively, I could leave both Pagan and Jones off my final list in favor of another pitcher and leave an OF slot open.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    With Joey Bats now in the fold and Altuve/Fowler out, I think it makes more sense to balance my offense's stats going into the auction with Pagan at $9 rather than G.Jones at $1. Do y'all agree? Or is Jones enough of a better bargain price to just go with it and look for some additional SBs with my open 2B/MI/UT slots. Alternatively, I could leave both Pagan and Jones off my final list in favor of another pitcher and leave an OF slot open.
                    I think they're both keeper-worthy and when I have a surplus I always try to package my extras for an upgrade...I'm sure there are a few teams out there with fewer than 10 good keepers. Maybe try to trade both for a stud pitcher. If that plan isn't desirable/feasible, then I'd probably keep them both...I like them both better than your Ps not named Wainwright.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                    X