2k13: Sd mi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k13: Sd mi

How is San Diego's middle infield going to play out this year?
    The players:
    Forsythe
    Cabrera
    Gyorko

I'm confused how this is going to play out. Is Gyorko going to get a real chance to win 2nd? If he succeeds then that pushes Forsythe to SS and Cabrera to the bench? If he fails then is Forsythe at 2nd and Cabrera at SS?

Oh, then there's that Headley guy. If they can just ship him off then everyone has a job.
    Last edited by whalewang; 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM.

I think your guess is good as ours. I did read Forsythe was planning on playing some OF. Maybe we see each guy get 400 ABs and possibly Gyrko starting to get his by June?

Comment

I read somewhere that the Padres would like Gyorko to win the 2B job, but his glove is going to be fringy at best if he does. He's a good hitter though, so for fantasy purposes that would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        I think your guess is good as ours. I did read Forsythe was planning on playing some OF. Maybe we see each guy get 400 ABs and possibly Gyrko starting to get his by June?
        Taking ABs away from Cameron Maybin during his prolonges slumps would be a good thing. Not sure about the defense though.

Comment

I can't tell you how it'll shake out but I can tell you that the org is high as it could be on Gyorko and they'll give him every opportunity to get regular at bats. Forsyth is a grinder and will get some time at both positions. Leaving Everth, aside from the sbs, HUD numbers aren't that great, but just watching the kid on a daily basis, I can tell you that he matured greatly. He'll get the first crack to get regular time at short and it'll all depend how he gets out of the gate to see if the Pads have faith in him or not. They did shop him around in some trade talks this winter, so take that for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
          X