Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it ain't so Ryan

Braun named in PED report.

Find all the latest MLB news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

His name is in the Biogenesis records but not connected with any PEDs within those pages.

Ryan Braun, MLB's 2011 MVP, also has had his name appear in the records of a Miami-area clinic that has allegedly distributed performance-enhancing drugs to players.

Comment

While there is still a burden of proof to make a stronger connection than appears to exist right now, I personally a pretty disappointed in how disingenuous these players are when their hands are caught in the cookie jar. Seems like that 2005 Miami Hurricane team is collectively tainted to say the least.

Comment

Deep down we always knew didn't we? Didn't store the piss correctly, really? The days of our Cracker Jack youth are gone. In fact, they never really were. Not saying I like it but it is what it is. There has always been cheating in this game that we love and sadly there always will be. Let's just start this year with a bean-fest. Bean the cheaters in their first 2 AB's and we'll all know and then don't say another damn word about it and just PLAY BALL. Of course, what do we do about the pitchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            While there is still a burden of proof to make a stronger connection than appears to exist right now, I personally a pretty disappointed in how disingenuous these players are when their hands are caught in the cookie jar. Seems like that 2005 Miami Hurricane team is collectively tainted to say the least.
            Or the trainer is.

Comment

Once again, a good statement coming from Ryan: (Rotoworld)

"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples. There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list. I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."

Comment

I'm not sure I can ever connect the names Ryan Braun, Francisco Cervelli, and Danny Valencia. I'm glad PEDs helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  Once again, a good statement coming from Ryan: (Rotoworld)

"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples. There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list. I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch. I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."
                  That Braun fella is a slippery one indeed. I bet Selig wants to catch Braun more than anything before he (Selig) retires. Apparently, Braun's advisers are just as good as the ones Bonds and Clemens have.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just thinking about it, doesn't the Braun statement make him look worse? What kind of attorney hires a consultant and asks them to bill in the name of their client rather than to their own office?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                      Just thinking about it, doesn't the Braun statement make him look worse? What kind of attorney hires a consultant and asks them to bill in the name of their client rather than to their own office?
                      Wasn't this book just notes made by the person? They aren't talking about invoices. Braun's attorney has no control on how this guy logs his notes.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Not necessarily what happened here. The names of the lawyers were there are well. And these are from Bosch's notes. Bosch could have written down Braun's name to make himself feel important.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          Wasn't this book just notes made by the person? They aren't talking about invoices. Braun's attorney has no control on how this guy logs his notes.
                          Sure, that's certainly true. I just wonder why a player's attorney would even mention the player's name to the consultant when confidentiality is an issue.

Comment

Sure, that's certainly true. I just wonder why a player's attorney would even mention the player's name to the consultant when confidentiality is an issue.
                            I've been a litigator and I've never heard of hiding the name of the client or the "matter" from a paid consultant. Confidentiality would presumably be written into the consultant agreement. I assume he'd need to look at the testing and medical records to perform any meaningful professional analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              I've been a litigator and I've never heard of hiding the name of the client or the "matter" from a paid consultant. Confidentiality would presumably be written into the consultant agreement. I assume he'd need to look at the testing and medical records to perform any meaningful professional analysis.
                              Given that Bosch really doesn't have any legitimate medical degree, one wonders if he could do that anyway, but he has put himself out as someone who does. The lawyers should have found a better consultant, but that has nothing to do with the hand written notes.

Comment

Working...
                              X