Does Gio get suspended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Gio get suspended?

He was purchased for $27 in our NL only 5x5. There will only be 3 pitchers back in auction rated higher than Gio. The owner is testing the trade market given the possiblity of Gio getting a 50 gamer.

Kershaw will go 40-45. Hamels and and Cain mid to high 30's.

So what do you think the odds are that Gio gets suspended?

And given the information above would you trade for him?

I am not sure I would give much up for him at this point.

Comment

I think it is probably a long shot that he gets suspended....I think they'd need to get ore evidence than they have now at least, but at that price, and even with the slim possibility that he loses 50 games, I would only trade someone I wasn't keeping for him. Even if he isn't suspended, I think he'll regress. I don't see him being worth much more than what he is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I think it is probably a long shot that he gets suspended....I think they'd need to get ore evidence than they have now at least, but at that price, and even with the slim possibility that he loses 50 games, I would only trade someone I wasn't keeping for him. Even if he isn't suspended, I think he'll regress. I don't see him being worth much more than what he is at.
        I still need an ace. With only 3 on the board, would I be better to roll the dice with Gio or spend the extra 10 for Cain or Hamels. Or even break the bank at mid to high 40's (after looking at this again I don't see him going under $45).

Comment

I personally would not pay that much in my NL ($40+) for a SP and would probably not even want to keep Gio at $27. Would rather allocate that to offense and target the in-season trade market for pitching.

Comment

No way. He's a good draft target because his value should be depressed a little bit, but generally, with keepers, you should be trying to protect less risk. If you get him and he gets 50, he's an at-value-or-near-it pitcher. He'll probably go for $27 or maybe a little less. I say avoid him unless you are in the position to draft him in the high-teens. Then, you're golden.

Comment

So does this latest news push Gio back to full value?

Mike Fish and T.J. Quinn of ESPN.com report that Gio Gonzalez did not receive banned substances from Anthony Bosch or the Biogenesis clinic.
              Gonzalez was previously identified in the Biogenesis documents, but this most recent report says that the $1,000 worth of substances he received from Bosch were not of the performance-enhancing variety. Rather, the substances were a legal combination of things usually used for weight loss. It's possible the substances were for Gonzalez's father, Max, who has also been listed in Biogenesis documents.
              Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                So does this latest news push Gio back to full value?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4136/gio-gonzalez
                Yes it does...unless you/some think his break out year was enhanced and now that he is under the microscope he regresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Yes it does...unless you/some think his break out year was enhanced and now that he is under the microscope he regresses.
                  I would think he regresses somewhat just by nature because he has never been anywhere near that good before.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I would think he regresses somewhat just by nature because he has never been anywhere near that good before.
                    I don't think his performance jump last year was so unsupported by his prior year numbers and trends, particularly once you account for the switch from the AL to the NL.

Comment

I tend to think of Gio as a younger Jon Lester, who didnt pitch in Fenway. Funny how he has never gotten the props that Lester has.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        I tend to think of Gio as a younger Jon Lester, who didnt pitch in Fenway. Funny how he has never gotten the props that Lester has.

J
                        The "props" differential is not particularly surprising, seeing as Lester is a cancer survivor pitching for a glamour franchise.

Comment

I still have trouble thinking of the Sox as a glamour franchise, but I think that is the salient point.

Comparing Lester's park adjusted 2010 season to Gio's 2012 is interesting.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I still have trouble thinking of the Sox as a glamour franchise, but I think that is the salient point.

Comparing Lester's park adjusted 2010 season to Gio's 2012 is interesting.

J
                            So this means avoid Gio in 2014?

Comment

I still have trouble thinking of the Sox as a glamour franchise
                              Which means that, luckily for you, you don't watch much ESPN.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X