12-team mixed keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed keepers

12-team mixed 5x5 using BA, normal positions plus 6-man bench. We only get to keep six players so inflation isn't too high.

Definite keepers: Craig $8, Cespedes $7, Castro $14.

Other options - are any of these obvious?: Reyes $31, Price $26, Wright $25, Kubel $9, Howard $8, De Aza $7, Fiers $6, ECabrera $6, Vogelsong $6, Lowrie $6

We also have three minor league keepers and mine are Sano $3, Hamilton $1, Taveras $1, so I could in principle package something to improve my keeper list.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Interesting, I guess it depends on your league inflation.

I like Lowrie at $6, but I've never done less than a 16 team mixed. I'd have a hard time throwing back Taveras, Sano, or Hamilton though...

Comment

Yea, none of those guys are real bargains at those prices, so you might just want to keep your 3 studs since they likely won't go for less than that and could get bid up with inflation. I wouldn't trade those prospects to upgrade unless it was a major bargain.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
        Interesting, I guess it depends on your league inflation.

I like Lowrie at $6, but I've never done less than a 16 team mixed. I'd have a hard time throwing back Taveras, Sano, or Hamilton though...
        I get to keep the minor leaguers independent of the major league keepers... oh my. hm. Just reread the rules. So we get to keep three minor leaguers, but the rules say that they have to be one $3, one $2, and one $1. I better check that.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yea, none of those guys are real bargains at those prices, so you might just want to keep your 3 studs since they likely won't go for less than that and could get bid up with inflation. I wouldn't trade those prospects to upgrade unless it was a major bargain.
          Our league inflation is very low. It can't be more than about 5-10%.

Comment

If that is the case, I'd keep Sano (obviously as the only $3) and Taveras. Hamilton has speed, but so do a lot of other guys. Taveras has a chance to be a special hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Our league inflation is very low. It can't be more than about 5-10%.
              Even so, check out Mock 1...Reyes was 16th, Wright was 28th, Price was 42nd (and should have been 5-10 spots higher). So these guys are at value at worst so I'd rather keep them than any of those other players who you'll likely be able to get back at those prices.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Maybe Vogelsong at $6 but I like DMT's approach better here.
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Even so, check out Mock 1...Reyes was 16th, Wright was 28th, Price was 42nd (and should have been 5-10 spots higher). So these guys are at value at worst so I'd rather keep them than any of those other players who you'll likely be able to get back at those prices.
                  I agree with this as well, my only concern would be that I might keep Lowrie over Wright. Not because I dislike Wright, but if Lowrie can turn in 15HR w/ 20+ Steals he should get enough RBI's and runs by default hitting in a very stacked Toronto line up. You could do a good bit with the extra $19 dollars. You might even get Wright back at a comparable price tag, $30 tops? You wouldn't get Lowrie back for $11. That much is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
                    I agree with this as well, my only concern would be that I might keep Lowrie over Wright. Not because I dislike Wright, but if Lowrie can turn in 15HR w/ 20+ Steals he should get enough RBI's and runs by default hitting in a very stacked Toronto line up. You could do a good bit with the extra $19 dollars. You might even get Wright back at a comparable price tag, $30 tops? You wouldn't get Lowrie back for $11. That much is for sure.
                    that's Jed Lowrie (HOU), not Brett Lawrie (TOR). Who did have 16 HR in 97 games last year, but doesn't steal bases.

Comment

Has Ryan Howard slipped so far that nobody blinks at throwing him back at $8?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Sadly--nay horrifically--for Philly, yes.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          that's Jed Lowrie (HOU), not Brett Lawrie (TOR). Who did have 16 HR in 97 games last year, but doesn't steal bases.

In that case, I'm with DMT. Keep the studs.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Nope, I would keep him at 8. He is only 32 soon to be 33. He has lost weight. There is no reason that he will not hit 30 plus hrs this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X