Which 2 to keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 2 to keep?

Huh... I just noticed there was a baseball section on this board. Who knew!

H2H 12 team mixed 5x5 standard cats.
    Must draft 2-C, 2-1B, 2-2B, etc... 4-OF, 2-DH, 5-SP, 4-RP
    Start each week 1-C, 1-1B, ... 3-OF, 2-DH, 4-SP, 3-RP.

It's a draft but we have a salary cap and use prices from a price guide as player costs. This is pretty much irrelevant though since the economy in the league is so screwed up to make it all but moot.

Keeping:
    C Mauer
    SS Rollins (I have a co owner and this is her single edict)
    OF Crawford
    OF Elsbury
    OF J. Upton

SP F Hernandez
    SP Verlander
    RP Papelbon

Who should be my last 2 keepers?
    3B Beltre
    3B Alverez
    1B Morneau
    SP Carpenter

I had been leaning toward Morneau and Carpenter. But with both's injuries I'm questioning that. I usually go high on pitching in this league since it's H2H and the SP is so shallow, starting anyone below a good #2 starter nearly kills you for 4 categories. Now I'm thinking either or both of the 3B are a better play.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

I'd definitely keep Carpenter. It's only a hammy. He should still be elite, although maybe only 180 IP instead of 230.

For the CI, I'd rate Beltre ahead of Alvarez, so take him out of the picture. Unless Morneau gets a lot better really fast, I'm taking Beltre over him too.

Comment

I would keep Alverez with my first pick of the bunch and then Morneau. I like Morneaus upside this year....he will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I would keep Alverez with my first pick of the bunch and then Morneau. I like Morneaus upside this year....he will be fine.
        Oh oh...I was typing while JC was posting. We usually are on the same page. I stand by my picks but this makes me a bit nervous.

Comment

you two are ****in' with me, aren't you.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
          X