Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No-brainer for M. Montero in NL-only 5x5 league???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-brainer for M. Montero in NL-only 5x5 league???

Have been offered C Miguel Montero for Logan Morrison in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, straight-draft, 10-keeper league. While many would probably consider this a no-brainer, I'm a little hestitant to pull the trigger.

At this point, Morrison is not among my 10 keeper, but neither would Montero. Also, I'm interested in keeping Morrison because he may start the year on the DL because of his surgically repaired knee and is not expected to start running until the first week of ST.

In the meantime, I also have Lucroy.

At this point, here are my 10 keepers: Stanton, Hamels, Holliday, Bourn (if he signs in NL), Sandoval, Weeks, Revere, J. Zimmerman, J. Cueto and Kimbrel.

Bubble players are Lucroy, Morrison, Duda, Scutaro, M. Estrada, E. Jackson and Brett Jackson.

Looking for opinions from the Pen. Should I pull the trigger? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I wouldn't hesitate to do that deal. You already have 3 very strong outfielders in Stanton, Holliday, Bourn.

Beyond that I wouldn't want to have two Marlins offensive players on my roster even in an NL only league. That team just seems too iffy.

Through in the position eligibility, the better numbers and I'd probably trip over myself from moving so quickly to hit accept.

Comment

If you can package either montero or morrison with another player for an upgrade then it might make sense - whichever gets the bigger chip.

If Bourne goes AL- who is your 10th keeper?

Wait a minute - why would Morrison become a keeper - Is he in the top 100 NL players - Just trade him

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon View Post
        I'm interested in keeping Morrison because he may start the year on the DL because of his surgically repaired knee and is not expected to start running until the first week of ST.
        Why would you want to keep Morrison if he starts the season on the DL?

I'd easily make this trade even if Montero is purely depth for your team.

Comment

If no Bourn, I would keep Lucroy. I also wouldn't drop any of those 10 for Montero so if you do secure a trade, you are going to need to do another trade.
          Last edited by DJBeasties; 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM. Reason: fixed because I watched too many Bourne Identity movies...
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Poor Michael, the movies have made him lose his correctly spelled identity.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Poor Michael, the movies have made him lose his correctly spelled identity.
              Haha yup
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                Why would you want to keep Morrison if he starts the season on the DL?

I'd easily make this trade even if Montero is purely depth for your team.
                Maybe they get to stash a player on the DL that does not count against their 10?

Comment

Working...
                X