• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome use of social media here by Trevor Bauer

I'd love to see more guys do this

Thanks! I really enjoyed that.

Comment

Thank You Moonlight!!!! As a Tribe fan I love to see this. As a baseball fan I agree, more players should be doing things like this. I coach little league and you can see there isn't a lot of connection being made to these young kids other than the game and trying to keep a kids attention and watch a 3 hour game and take away tips can be very difficult.
      I hope more players and more importantly teams realize the value in this kind of simple instruction via social media in reaching out to our youth. As someone who has the Rays ear I hope you can persuade them of the value in this for the young player and the organization. This is just the kind of thing that can help build a dying young fan base and infuse some "love of the game".
      It's funny, the news reports on this kid kind of paint him as aloof and arrogant and gave the impression that the Diamondbacks kind of dumped him because he's not coachable. He just changed my opinion and now has a fan for life. That is until we find his name in Tony Bosch's records.

Comment

Awesome. My son wants to start pitching so this is for him.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
          Thank You Moonlight!!!! As a Tribe fan I love to see this. As a baseball fan I agree, more players should be doing things like this. I coach little league and you can see there isn't a lot of connection being made to these young kids other than the game and trying to keep a kids attention and watch a 3 hour game and take away tips can be very difficult.
          I hope more players and more importantly teams realize the value in this kind of simple instruction via social media in reaching out to our youth. As someone who has the Rays ear I hope you can persuade them of the value in this for the young player and the organization. This is just the kind of thing that can help build a dying young fan base and infuse some "love of the game".
          It's funny, the news reports on this kid kind of paint him as aloof and arrogant and gave the impression that the Diamondbacks kind of dumped him because he's not coachable. He just changed my opinion and now has a fan for life. That is until we find his name in Tony Bosch's records.
          I agree with all of this (except I am a Cubs fan). My impression of him has changed as well.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Remember, the Diamondbacks are run by incompetent buffoons.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Yeah, that was a great 10 mins. The only thing missing are clips of him throwing each pitch from the catchers perspective showing the movement. Maybe attache a GoPro to the top of a bullpen catchers mitt.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  Yeah, that was a great 10 mins. The only thing missing are clips of him throwing each pitch from the catchers perspective showing the movement. Maybe attache a GoPro to the top of a bullpen catchers mitt.
                  Great idea! I would really love to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    That would be Fantastic. I bet if someone tweets that he'll do it. Although I would put it on a batter to get the feel of how each pitch looks to a righty or lefty. Thing would get beat to hell on the mitt.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                      That would be Fantastic. I bet if someone tweets that he'll do it. Although I would put it on a batter to get the feel of how each pitch looks to a righty or lefty. Thing would get beat to hell on the mitt.
                      Catchers helmet would work great.
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

For those who like a little less heat...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                        X