Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Johnson signs with the Rays

not sure what the roster shuffle is there yet though

Zobrist to LF instead of Fuld (that's who mlb depth charts has in LF) and Johnson plays 2B?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Zobrist to LF instead of Fuld (that's who mlb depth charts has in LF) and Johnson plays 2B?
      I guess that means Myers will not be up for a significant time in 2013?

Comment

They have 43 guys unofficially on the 40 man roster as Farnsworth, Scott, and Johnson aren't officially announced

Johnson actually hits LH better than RH so he's not a true platoon type guy

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          You had to know with the Rays that this was a strong possibility even without a logjam on the roster. See also: Jennings, Desmond.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I've said it all off-season....unless he signs a 2008 Longoria deal, he won't be up until late June.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              They have 43 guys unofficially on the 40 man roster as Farnsworth, Scott, and Johnson aren't officially announced
              I don't understand how this works - do they have until the start of the regular season to declare who is part of their 40 man roster?

Comment

I am certainly aware of Johnson's limitations (especially when it comes to batting average), but he has averaged 21 HR and 14 SB over the past three years as a second baseman, so there is some appeal when it comes to fantasy baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  I don't understand how this works - do they have until the start of the regular season to declare who is part of their 40 man roster?
                  Just because it's announced doesn't mean the contract is officially signed. The corresponding 40-man move happens when the deal is actually signed.

Comment

Working...
                  X