2k13 Josh Rutledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k13 Josh Rutledge

I have been playing in NL leagues for about 10 years and consider myself pretty knowledgable about prospects. I must admit I just do not know whole lot about him.

Looking over his minor league numbers they seem decent, but not huge. Does this guy have a shot to play all season at 2B? Based on his numbers he could be 10+ HR and 10+ SB guy with a decent average and in an NL only seems pretty valuable. Added bonus he will be eligible at both MI positions.

Maybe what scares me as a former minor league Jayson Nix and Clint Barmes owner (although I hope Rutledge stays away from deer).

I've been burned so many times by guys who I expect to get regular PT in the Rockies infield. I'm scared to go to the well again for another guy who just isn't that good.

3.1% walk rate, 18.6% K rate, 291 PA of 274/306/469. 8 HR/7SB in half a season.

Only half a season above high-A. But 20 doubles means the power might be legit.

20% LD rate, 49% GB rate, 31% FB rate. Hmmm, maybe those weren't fly ball doubles.

Suddenly I'm looking at 450 AB, .255-13-17sb

Comment

weird profile but enticing in that he is a Colorado Rockies player with SS-eligibility in some leagues, has above-average power and speed and can hold his own in BA. His EYE (BB/K ratio) sucks though. He makes league-average contact which is nice because he has a little juice in his bat but he cannot take a walk. It kills his ratio and though I am intrigued I do not trust that organization to stick with players in the infield as JC said so who knows. If he hits well, you'll get a gem cheap but I think he could very easily end up in that Rocky Mountain merry-go-round.

Worth a flier though.
      Last edited by DJBeasties; 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

As long as I can get him late enough (13th round or later) I feel he's worth the flyer for sure. His SS eligibility will play across the board.

Comment

DaveM welcome to the board!
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
            As long as I can get him late enough (13th round or later) I feel he's worth the flyer for sure. His SS eligibility will play across the board.
            I might hope to get him a little later but I think you're exactly right. As a shortstop even if his counting stat rates aren't quite as good as last season, he should still be a fair performer relative to where he should be picked.

They seem to like him a lot so I'm not worried about playing time yet. Eric Young Jr., now that guy the Rockies abused and neglected.

Comment

Reid Brignac joins the team and makes the IF a little less clear.

Comment

Working...
              X