2k13: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james33 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't really look that bad. The Braves have a good history of contending year after year, and I'm not sure I'd trade the prospects necessary to acquire Peavy if I were the Braves.
    Bad isnt the right word. Risky is better.

Wood and Beachy are question marks. Medlan hasnt piched well and Teheran runs the risk of wearing down as his innings continue to go up. Very good looking staff for the future but this staff could blow up in their face down the stretch this season.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Bad isnt the right word. Risky is better.

Wood and Beachy are question marks. Medlan hasnt piched well and Teheran runs the risk of wearing down as his innings continue to go up. Very good looking staff for the future but this staff could blow up in their face down the stretch this season.
      Not that he's great, but Maholm will likely be back after the minimum 15 days. There is still some depth there. I don't see the need for a splash with Peavy. A cheaper depth option might make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Not that he's great, but Maholm will likely be back after the minimum 15 days. There is still some depth there. I don't see the need for a splash with Peavy. A cheaper depth option might make more sense.

For the regular season I agree with you but for the post-season, that would be the weakest roation of all the NL contenders.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Maholm has been abysmal since his hot start, so I'd rather have Wood or Beachy out there.

Hudson hasn't exactly been a rock this season either.

I'd be happy to get Peavy and the Braves have enough depth to make it happen with guys like Sims and Gilmartin being very solid pitching prospects in their own right. The problem is he coudl just as easily find himself on the DL by weeks end as well.

Personally, I'd like to see them go with Joe Saunders or even kick the tires on Timmah.

Comment

I think Stephen is onto the key question here - of course you'd love to have Peavy/Timmah/Saunders if you were the Braves, but would you trade, say, Sims and a couple lesser prospects for him? I'd take my chances with the young and, yes, risky rotation this year instead rather than trading off a good farm piece.

Comment

You could get Gallardo from the Brewers for the right price. Other than Peavy, I'd think he's the best available.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                You could get Gallardo from the Brewers for the right price. Other than Peavy, I'd think he's the best available.
                I'd take my chances on about 100 different pitchers in the big leagues and minors before I touched Gallardo at this point. He looks broken.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                  I think Stephen is onto the key question here - of course you'd love to have Peavy/Timmah/Saunders if you were the Braves, but would you trade, say, Sims and a couple lesser prospects for him? I'd take my chances with the young and, yes, risky rotation this year instead rather than trading off a good farm piece.
                  Timmah - in a heart beat
                  Peavy - yes
                  Saunders - no.

If there is one thing that I trust the Braves to do it's scout and draft good young arms. If I can deal one or 2 of them this year in this wide open field for a Lincecum or Peavy and have a better shot in the playoffs, I'd do it.

Hell, even adding Lincecum to the bullpen in the post season makes them very formidable. Minor/Medlen/Teheran or Maholm with a pen including Timmah, Walden, Kimbral. Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Timmah - in a heart beat
                    Peavy - yes
                    Saunders - no.

If there is one thing that I trust the Braves to do it's scout and draft good young arms. If I can deal one or 2 of them this year in this wide open field for a Lincecum or Peavy and have a better shot in the playoffs, I'd do it.

Hell, even adding Lincecum to the bullpen in the post season makes them very formidable. Minor/Medlen/Teheran or Maholm with a pen including Timmah, Walden, Kimbral. Yes please.
                    Agree on Saunders. If the problem is Maholm sucks, why get the older version of Maholm?

Comment

speaking of Walden, why dont the umps call a balk everytime he pitches? He throws the ball six inches ahead of the rubber. Weird.
                      Last edited by Hammer; 07-26-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Apealing of Walden...
                        Somebody's got a wide keyboard stance.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

It's now being reported that Sean Rodriguez will miss the entire 2017 season after having rotator cuff surgery to his non-throwing left shoulder. It was originally reported that he would miss 3-5 months. All because two weeks ago some idiot piece of garbage stole a Miami police cruiser, ran through an intersection, caused a T-bone collision with the Rodriguez vehicle, and put the entire family including Sean's wife and two young children in the hospital with serious injuries. The scumbag in the stolen police crusier was killed in the accident. Excuse me if i don't feel sorry for the deceased criminal who put innocent lives at risk. Thankfully, the Rodriguez family is now recovering from their wounds and broken bones.

Here's a link with pictures of the accident scene:
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...car-crash.html
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X