No announcement yet.

2k13: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, even if the Braves were to look to deal Maholm or Medlen or shift Medlen to the bullpen, I think Beachy is the better bet for that rotation spot than Wood.

Comment

When Beachy is ready, he'll be back in. Something will be done for that to happen. Wood is second in line and there are no openings at the moment.

Comment

Any chance the "Medlen" Beachy this year to work him back while he gets his control back?
        Last edited by schlesinj; 07-20-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I guess it's possible. Probably depends on how he progresses in the minors.

Comment

His last game he went 5 IP, so it looks like they are stretching him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Yeah, even if the Braves were to look to deal Maholm or Medlen or shift Medlen to the bullpen, I think Beachy is the better bet for that rotation spot than Wood.
              Maholm to the DL, so there may wind up being room for both Beachy and Wood.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Maholm to the DL, so there may wind up being room for both Beachy and Wood.
                Wood apparently starting Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                  Wood apparently starting Thursday.
                  Yes, and it was announced Monday before the FAAB ran in the league where I was trying to get him on the cheap. My multi-internet message board plan of purposefully discounting his chances of starting was completely ruined. He ended up costing me $4 of the $6 FAAB I had left.

Comment

Braves with Heyward in CF and Gattis in LF for the 3rd straight game. Does Atlanta sit BJ and his .177 BA when he gets off the DL?

Gattis has started every game since the break (DH, C, LF) and is 7-20 with no bombs yet. For the season, he's hitting .257 with 14 HR in just 187 AB's.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Braves with Heyward in CF and Gattis in LF for the 3rd straight game. Does Atlanta sit BJ and his .177 BA when he gets off the DL?

Gattis has started every game since the break (DH, C, LF) and is 7-20 with no bombs yet. For the season, he's hitting .257 with 14 HR in just 187 AB's.
                      Gattis with #15 tonight off Jeremy Hefner. Given that Heyward isn't exactly scorching hot, I can see rotating him with Heyward and B.J., with Gattis also getting one or two starts behind the plate to rest McCann. B.J. should sit, but his contract tells the front office otherwise.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Heyward sucks at the plate. J-Up isnt far behind.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

The Braves may be scrambling for starting pitchers with Maholm and now probably Hudson going to the DL.

Minor
                          Medlin
                          Teheran
                          Wood
                          Beachy
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Did their interest in Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez just go up?

Comment

They should be in the Peavy sweepstakes...bring a southern lad back home.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                The Braves may be scrambling for starting pitchers with Maholm and now probably Hudson going to the DL.

Minor
                                Medlin
                                Teheran
                                Wood
                                Beachy
                                Maybe it's just me, but this doesn't really look that bad. The Braves have a good history of contending year after year, and I'm not sure I'd trade the prospects necessary to acquire Peavy if I were the Braves.

Comment

Working...
                                X