No announcement yet.

2k13: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlanta has just 2 SB in the month of May. How does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
      Will Braves re-sign McCann or go with Gattis as 2014 catcher? What say you, cavebird and others - 50-50 chance? 75% Gattis? 75% McCann?
      My guess is that McCann plays out the year and is gone. It doesn't make salary sense for the Braves to resign him, and the Braves know more than anyone how we have trotted him out there like a rented mule for years. The interesting question is whether the give him a qualifying offer.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Braves DFA Juan Francisco.
        Wow. I wonder what he did. His performance hasn't been great recently, but not that bad and I don't see any other reason for this move than he did something stupid.

Comment

Does anybody else see what's happened to the other Upton brother? 2 Homers and 9 RBI in the month of May, and 5 of those came in one game. I think that their best outfielder might just be Jordan Schafer...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think it speaks more to bench depth than anything.

Chris Johnson has been fine at 3B.

So you have:
            Gattis: He isn't going down and he can cover LF/1B/C
            Schafer: He's having a nice year and can cover all 3 OF positions - which is a need given the offensive struggles from the OF as a whole lately.
            Pena: Can cover 2B/3B/SS & Probably 1B and is better defensively than Francisco
            Reed Johnson: A great pinch hitter and capable of covering all 3 OF postion.
            Laird: Nice veteran back up and I think he's been working with Minor and Teheran quite a bit behind the scenes.

Comment

ouch. per rotoworld:

Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez indicated Friday that he has considered asking B.J. Upton to work out his struggles in the minors.
              Upton has the right to decline a minor league assignment, so it's probably not even worth discussing. Still, the struggling outfielder was on the bench for the fourth time in the past five games Friday and may continue to lose playing time until he shows some signs of life.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Braves traded Juan Francisco to Milwaukee for minor league P Tom Keeling.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Braves traded Juan Francisco to Milwaukee for minor league P Tom Keeling.
                  And we get to cut Alex Gonzalez. Yay!
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Justin Upton had 12 HRs in his 1st 100 PA. Players with more HRs than Upton since that point: Brian Dozier, Andrelton Simmons, Alexi Amarista

Comment

So anyone want to guess the 2k14 rotation? I believe Maholm and Hudson are FA. Does Wood get a chance?

Comment

Minor
                        Teheran
                        Beachy
                        Medlen
                        Wood/Gilmartin

If they don't sign a free agent. I expect them to resign Hudson though.

Comment

That was my thought too, it appears Wood is a decent stash in NL only leagues. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                            That was my thought too, it appears Wood is a decent stash in NL only leagues. Thanks.
                            Wood appears to be joining rotation a the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                              Wood appears to be joining rotation a the end of the month.
                              I wouldn't put any stock in that rumor. Pure speculation by Bowman because Wood got sent down, and he'll probably be starting in the minors. Wood, however, only got sent down on Saturday because he had pitched 3.2 innings on Friday and the Braves literally did not have enough healthy bodies to fill the outfield. You never know what's going to happen, but my guess is he's back in the bullpen when his ten days are up, which would be Monday, I think.

Comment

Rumors of Wood to the rotation may also be posturing by the Braves to help with trade talks for a starting pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X