Mets Sign Shaun Marcum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets Sign Shaun Marcum

yes, an actual Mets free agent signing! 1 year, pending physical.

The financial terms haven't been released yet, but those aside, I like this signing. Marcum has ability, something not seen that often in Flushing, and it's for only a year.

Of course, given Marcum's physical woes, the physical may not be just a formality.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Yeah, assuming it's not for a ton of money (which I can't imagine it will be), seems like a good "give it a shot" signing, a la Chris Young (which obviously didn't pan out since he got hurt....again). He'll probably get hurt again, but for a low price, it's worth a chance.

Comment

Can't fault the logic here, but if I had an injury history like Marcum's, the Mets are the last place I'd want to go.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Can't fault the logic here, but if I had an injury history like Marcum's, the Mets are the last place I'd want to go.
          Marcum and Mets medical staff in the same room does seem like a bad idea. He'll probably tear a labrum during the physical.

Comment

That's not even counting the medical discount for the mental trauma the lack of offensive support will cause.
            "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
            "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

1/$4mm + incentives. Great move, Sandy.

Comment

Working...
              X