2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Sorry, replace Maxwell with Grossman. And if Bo knows, what did he tell you?
    It's still a bit surreal for me to have what I spent my weekend thinking and talking about show up for discussion on RJ the next day. More surreal than seeing it discussed in a newspaper column, for some reason.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      It's still a bit surreal for me to have what I spent my weekend thinking and talking about show up for discussion on RJ the next day. More surreal than seeing it discussed in a newspaper column, for some reason.
      That must be weird, but also pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        That must be weird, but also pretty cool.
        unless we disagree with/don't understand the strategy, that is.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
          George Springer? 288 batting average, 11 home runs, 7 stolen bases at AA Corpus Christi
          29% K rate. He'll fit right in with the big club

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
            George Springer? 288 batting average, 11 home runs, 7 stolen bases at AA Corpus Christi

Brian McTaggart ‏@brianmctaggart
            #Astros GM Jeff Luhnow says George Springer will remain in Double-A for time being.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Another question for you that you can't answer. After last night does the organization think:

(A) It is mortifying that our manager doesn't know the rules of baseball;
              (B) It is awesome that our manager can talk a whole umpiring crew into believing in the existence of a wholly ficticious rule change; or
              (C) We wish he could make up more rule changes because we are 10-25 under the current rules.

Comment

From Nick Cafardo in today's Boston Globe:

"Reid Ryan, president and CEO, Astros — Nolan Ryan’s oldest son, who has been running two minor league teams the family own, will likely put his stamp on the Astros. Now, we don’t know this for sure, but if he’s similar philosophically to his father, it doesn’t appear the way the Astros are currently run, with an overdependence on statistics, is in line with a Ryan-run team. Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow had success with a stats-oriented approach in St. Louis. Obviously, it’s tough to project if that approach will work in Houston with the team so far away from winning."

Comment

Cafardo knows not of what he speaks there, on several counts.

Comment

LOL...yeah, I read that comment and thought Cafardo's snark rated among the most ignorant, biased statements I've seen in sports this year. Lessee, we have someone who didn't ask Reid Ryan a question use psychobabble and projection and combine it with a bias against statistical use in baseball to determine how Reid Ryan will run a team.

I do believe Nick Cafardo will earn my "Drinking from the Well of Stupid in Sports" award for the week.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Cafardo rarely knows what he speaks of---I hardly know a Red Sox fan who even bothers to read him at this point.

Comment

No idea why Cafardo gets run each Sunday on MLBTR. 95% of what he runs reeks like 2 week old milk

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          LOL...yeah, I read that comment and thought Cafardo's snark rated among the most ignorant, biased statements I've seen in sports this year. Lessee, we have someone who didn't ask Reid Ryan a question use psychobabble and projection and combine it with a bias against statistical use in baseball to determine how Reid Ryan will run a team.

I do believe Nick Cafardo will earn my "Drinking from the Well of Stupid in Sports" award for the week.
                          Not only that, it would also help if he realized that Reid Ryan isn't running the baseball side.

Comment

What's the lowdown on Matt Dominguez? A bit of a power surge lately.. what's his upside?

Thanks.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Grossman sent down. Does Barnes finally get a shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                What's the lowdown on Matt Dominguez? A bit of a power surge lately.. what's his upside?

Thanks.
                                Pete Happy, aka Pedro Feliz? .250-.260 with 20-25 HR and gold glove caliber defense

Comment

Working...
                                X