No announcement yet.

2K21 - Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astros sign Jose Altuve to a 5-year $151 million extension through 2024.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Astros sign Jose Altuve to a 5-year $151 million extension through 2024.
      Great for the team and great for Altuve. On a related note, I worry the next bargaining round will be a tough one. From the players' side, they really need to fight for a way for elite talent to get paid more appropriately for their talent faster, especially now that teams seem to have wised up and are not overpaying and overextending aging talent. So, those players are not making up income lost early, when some of them are criminally underpaid, by being overpaid later in their career as much.

Comment

• The Astros bullpen is really deep if they can leave pitchers off their ALDS roster like Hector Rondon, Chris Devenski, Brad Peacock, and Joe Smith.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          The Astros bullpen is really deep if they can leave pitchers off their ALDS roster like Hector Rondon, Chris Devenski, Brad Peacock, and Joe Smith.
          Yes, yes it is. Though leaving off Peacock sure appears to be too much of "what have you done for me lately" thinking.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Teams nowadays aren't just looking at small sample relief performance to make determinations, they are tracking mechanical indicators and the effect on stuff and command.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• every time I see that Seitzer has posted in the Astros thread I get little bit excited.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                every time I see that Seitzer has posted in the Astros thread I get little bit excited.
                To a degree I hear you, but I feel really badly for him under the circumstances.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Did the Astros pull some bullshit yesterday regarding the heat and the Indians practicing?
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    To a degree I hear you, but I feel really badly for him under the circumstances.
                    It was my choice, not theirs. Gonna miss some dear friends there but grass looks greener elsewhere.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      It was my choice, not theirs. Gonna miss some dear friends there but grass looks greener elsewhere.
                      I didn't realize that you left the Astros. Good luck in your future endeavors. Will you be wearing the World Series ring to job interviews?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope your new gig is all you want it to be an more.

Are you staying in the industry?

Comment

• Yes, I am staying in the industry, talking with other clubs.

Comment

• hey, c'mon up here, we've got the best hitting prospect in the game, a SP prospect hitting 104 in Arizona, gov't funded health care, and an almost healthy Kahwi to watch (which I gotta say has been incredibly fun).
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yes, I am staying in the industry, talking with other clubs.
                              come to SF!
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Lance McCullers needs TJ surgery and will miss the 2019 season.

Comment

Working...
                                X