NL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only Keepers

It's a 13 team NL only league with the normal 14 hitters but we use 10 pitchers and have a budget of $265. It's the normal 5x5 categories but we use K/IP. I can keep 12.

Ryan Hanigan $2A
    Juan Uribe $1B
    David Freese $8B
    Ryan Braun $20C11
    Hunter Pence $15C11
    Andres Torres $1A
    Allen Craig $2A
    Marlon Byrd $19A

Tim Lincecum $20C11
    Wandy Rodriguez $15C11
    Edison Volquez $7A
    Evan Meek $1A
    Joel Hanrahan $2A
    Aroldis Chapman $10M

I've left off the obvious non keeps. This is 14 guys. Chapman still has his minor league status but if he makes the team (which is a lock) he'll have to be one of my 12. If I weren't to make any trades I think Byrd is a clear toss back. Then I think the last toss back is probably Craig. But I like the idea of keeping him and Freese as a handcuff. But who else would I drop? I actually lost Wainwright who I had at $21B.

I won last year and have one of the better lists so I'm looking for a repeat. I was offered Ubaldo Jimenez at $12C11 for Chapman and Craig. I think it's a clear upgrade for this year but I only get to keep Jimenez for one year.

There are gonna be some good pitchers available at the draft; Halladay, Greinke, Marcum, Lee, Gallardo, Vazquez, Kuroda, Cueto, J Sanchez, Garza, A Sanchez, Baliey, D Hudson and probably Santana, Cain, Billingsley and Nolasco. But it would be nice to have four starters going in and be able to spend money else ware.

So what do you folks think? Thanks
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Make the trade - spend quickly at the draft on a high dollar 1b and and OF then wait a while

I think Ubaldo and the rest of your staff would be very solid and it looks like you still have money to buy enough hitting for this year.

Craig - not sure he is a keeper
    Last edited by swampdragon; 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Is anyone worried about Jimenez's second half ERA? First half was 2.20 and second was 3.80. I know the first half was insanely good and you'd can't expect him to continue to be as good as he was but that's a big drop off from one half to the next.

As for my offense I expect to pay about $105-$110 on three players. But I think inflation is gonna be crazy. Carlos Gonzalez and Hanley are available and I think each could go for more than $50. Obviously there are other options but just to give you an idea on what I am looking at.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'm with swampdragon here. Shoot, figure Ubaldo for a 3.5ish ERA and reputable mid-1.2ish WHIP, with his Ws and Ks...and you have a really formidable staff. And Craig's not a keeper to me. Chapman just might be what Ubaldo already is in a year or two. But only might be. Plus, he pitches for Dusty Baker.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Make the trade, worst case, I think you'll get back more than Chapman if you have to unload Ubaldo in July. I don't think Craig is a keeper, why lock yourself into TWO crappy Cards' 3Bs? If Freese sucks then get someone from a different team. Byrd isn't a keeper at that price even with crazy inflation. I think your team can compete this year anyway which is another reason to make the deal. You don't need a $10 setup man.

Comment

agree - make the trade, given that you are going for a repeat this year.

Long-term, I definitely like the other side. Keep in mind that Craig will most likely be the 2012 Cardinal starting 1B and Chapman still has considerable upside.

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll make the deal.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ugh, why did you guys tell me to make this deal?

(I'm trying to search for an old thread and came across this one).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Good call, sorta, by james33. The rest of these guys are obviously noobs.
                  Haha. Yeah james33 was kind of right. Though he did say to make the trade...

I was able to get both players back in trades last year. So there is that, which is nice.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                  X