RotoLab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RotoLab

for you Rotolab'ers, the program is slated to be available tomorrow or Thursday. For those of you who've never used it before, t's one of the very few essential roto programs for your draft......

Got an email today that the 2013 program is now available. I took a few years off from using it (mainly because it is PC only) but getting it again TY and looking forward to it. Super slick software and a definite advantage on draft day.

Comment

Yeah, I've used it every year since Merv put it out. Even when I've only played in the tiny free league that last couple of years it was amazing.

It is really nice this year. Added some new sort features and the downloading of projection updates has been streamlined quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Yeah, I've used it every year since Merv put it out. Even when I've only played in the tiny free league that last couple of years it was amazing.

It is really nice this year. Added some new sort features and the downloading of projection updates has been streamlined quite a bit.
        Stephen -- any other new stuff? I've had it a week and noticed the projection update streamlining, but nothing else too major.

Comment

I don't remember the Cheat Sheet sort options (Pool, MLB, FA, 1 AB, AAA, etc) being as easily sortable as they are this year. They are all nicely placed on the left hand side of the program and you can quick click to take away and add certain qualifiers.

Comment

they need a damn mac version! i don't want to have to install VirtualBox just for this :/...
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

actually, a question to the users of rotolab. do you use it only for pre-auction prep, or actually during the auction? i'm having a hard time imagining being able to type in all of the information as it happens in an auction. at least an online one, where a player is going every 20-30 seconds or so.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                actually, a question to the users of rotolab. do you use it only for pre-auction prep, or actually during the auction? i'm having a hard time imagining being able to type in all of the information as it happens in an auction. at least an online one, where a player is going every 20-30 seconds or so.
                It's a little easier than you may think, and I usually get through an auction with most of the teams filled out.

Comment

Yeah, I've used it at live auctions a lot and it's a cinch.

For online auctions it can be tough to keep up with the fast pace of automated auctioneering. If you're AltTabbing back and forth it can get tedious. A second monitor helps tremendously.

If you just hit "F" in RotoLab it will allow you to do a search for a player and it's a smart search so typing in "Cud" for example will take you right to Mike Cuddyer. At that point you just assign him to a team and add a price.

Once you get the muscle memory it isn't too bad. Think of it like casting 3 Lifeblooms and then refreshing it with Rejuvenation.

Comment

For those of you that have bought RotoLab already did any of you also have a BaseballHQ subscription and buy it through their site? The RotoLab site says there is an additional discount and should buy it there, but I can't find it on the BaseballHQ site.

Thanks
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I haven't resubbed to BaseballHQ this year (not sure if I'm going to), but it is usually in their marketplace under Software/Misc.

The link is in the left hand column.

If that doesn't work, you can always email Merv at [email protected]. He always replies to things super fast and is happy to help.

Comment

I haven't resubbed to BaseballHQ this year (not sure if I'm going to), but it is usually in their marketplace under Software/Misc.

The link is in the left hand column.

If that doesn't work, you can always email Merv at [email protected]. He always replies to things super fast and is happy to help.
                        Thanks. I looked in the Software/Misc section but it wasn't there. I guess I'll shoot him an email.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, I've used it at live auctions a lot and it's a cinch.

For online auctions it can be tough to keep up with the fast pace of automated auctioneering. If you're AltTabbing back and forth it can get tedious. A second monitor helps tremendously.

If you just hit "F" in RotoLab it will allow you to do a search for a player and it's a smart search so typing in "Cud" for example will take you right to Mike Cuddyer. At that point you just assign him to a team and add a price.

Once you get the muscle memory it isn't too bad. Think of it like casting 3 Lifeblooms and then refreshing it with Rejuvenation.
                          I setup the CBS draft room so that it only shows the bottom quarter, and place Rotolab literally on top of the draft room. You can still see who just got drafted, and then just add them to Rotolab.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            For those of you who've never used it before, it's one of the very few essential roto programs for your draft......
                            Kinda like doing PED's?? :friendly_wink:

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              Kinda like doing PED's?? :friendly_wink:
                              It's like very cheap PED's!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X