AL Only Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Only Keepers

Hi all, AL only league 12 teams, 5x5. Figures to be a bad year for inflation expecially on pitching. (there figures to be zero closers out there, and very little for SP) I can keep 15. I won the league last year and had to sell the farm to do it, so the team is a little more barren then I am used to.

C Castro, Ramon $1
    1B Cabrera, Miguel $41
    2B Kendrick, Howard $15
    3B Bell, Josh $5
    3B Fields, Josh $10
    3B Kouzmanoff, Kevin $15
    SS Cabrera, Asdrubal $19
    MI Izturis, Maicer $10
    OF Crisp, Coco $16
    OF Davis, Rajai $2
    OF DeJesus, David $12
    OF Francoeur, Jeff $2
    OF Jackson, Conor $33
    DH Cust, Jack $10
    P Danks, John $15
    P French, Luke $10
    P Guthrie, Jeremy $4
    P Perez, Chris $16
    P Burnett, A.J. $22
    P Floyd, Gavin $13

Originally posted by shrops View Post
    Hi all, AL only league 12 teams, 5x5. Figures to be a bad year for inflation expecially on pitching. (there figures to be zero closers out there, and very little for SP) I can keep 15. I won the league last year and had to sell the farm to do it, so the team is a little more barren then I am used to.

C Castro, Ramon $1
    1B Cabrera, Miguel $41
    2B Kendrick, Howard $15
    3B Bell, Josh $5
    3B Fields, Josh $10
    3B Kouzmanoff, Kevin $15
    SS Cabrera, Asdrubal $19
    MI Izturis, Maicer $10
    OF Crisp, Coco $16
    OF Davis, Rajai $2
    OF DeJesus, David $12
    OF Francoeur, Jeff $2
    OF Jackson, Conor $33
    DH Cust, Jack $10
    P Danks, John $15
    P French, Luke $10
    P Guthrie, Jeremy $4
    P Perez, Chris $16
    P Burnett, A.J. $22
    P Floyd, Gavin $13
    Congrats on winning your league. I did as well and my team needs a lot of work this off season too.
    Kendrick is a push and Francoeur should exceed $2 so you might take him in. I think the ones I highlighted will exceed their value. I like Cabrera and I'm in an AL only, but I still think you can get him back for that or less if you want, plus there are a few more options at first this year. Pitching goes high in my league as well so I would not hesitate to keep the ones I highlighted
    Last edited by price; 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Here's who I like from your list, with some explanations:

C Castro, Ramon $1 -- I'm assuming 2 Catcher league. It's not like he has a ton of profit built in, but unlike many $1 Cs, he'll likely not be negative value, either.
      1B Cabrera, Miguel $41 -- In a high inflation league, $41 for MCab's stats is worth it.
      2B Kendrick, Howard $15 -- I think his BA will uptick, with all the other stats being the same. He's worth upper teens, easy.
      3B Bell, Josh $5 -- Maybe. He's worth a hard look.
      3B Kouzmanoff, Kevin $15 -- About at value. He's about as close to WYSIWIG as you'll see.
      OF Davis, Rajai $2 -- No brainer.
      OF DeJesus, David $12 -- Mid-teen value here, IMO. No great shakes, but in a high inflation league, I'd keep him at 12.
      OF Francoeur, Jeff $2 -- At 2, I guess so.

P Danks, John $15 -- Oh, yeah.
      P Guthrie, Jeremy $4 -- Comes with risk, but 3 good years out of 4. I like him at 4.
      P Perez, Chris $16 -- I don't think he'll repeat sub-2 ERA, but 30 saves at a 2.75 ERA are still good deals for 16
      P Floyd, Gavin $13 -- Most concerning on the list. I didn't like how he looked last year, but I can't justify cutting him in a high-inflation league.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X