2K13: Evereth Cabrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K13: Evereth Cabrera

He led the national league in steals last year while hitting for a low average. There is talk of him losing playing time. Will his batting average improve? How serious is the threat to his playing time? Where will he hit in the lineup-if he plays? Thoughts.

Who does he lose the PT to? He had a 10% walk rate last season but the 25% K rate is too high for someone with no power like that.

He hit .282 with a .352 OBP out of the leadoff spot in 124 PA's & .279 with a .348 OBP out of the 8 hole in 156 PAs. He struck out more frequently out of the 8 hole since he chased crap but did better hitting leadoff

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Who does he lose the PT to? He had a 10% walk rate last season but the 25% K rate is too high for someone with no power like that.

He hit .282 with a .352 OBP out of the leadoff spot in 124 PA's & .279 with a .348 OBP out of the 8 hole in 156 PAs. He struck out more frequently out of the 8 hole since he chased crap but did better hitting leadoff
      I had previously read Gyroko at 2B and then Forsythe sliding over to SS. But even if that's the case, I'd have to imagine Cabrera will get plenty of steals as a reserve IF and I feel like most people have him pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
        I had previously read Gyroko at 2B and then Forsythe sliding over to SS. But even if that's the case, I'd have to imagine Cabrera will get plenty of steals as a reserve IF and I feel like most people have him pretty cheap.
        That is my understanding too. I would think for this year he should be a solid steals contributor at least Dee Gordonesque.

Comment

Working...
        X