2024 World Series: Dodgers-Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 World Series: Dodgers-Yankees

Party like it’s 1981! Dodgers-Yankees WS! Just like MLB designed it!

Worst possible result.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Party like it's 1981! Dodgers-Yankees WS! Just like MLB designed it!
      Or 1978. Or 1977. Or 1963. Or 1956, Or 1955. Or 1953. Or 1952. Or 1949. Or 1947. Or 1941.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ohtani, Betts, Soto, Judge. Sounds ok to me.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Ohtani, Betts, Soto, Judge. Sounds ok to me.
          Yeah, I don't care about either franchise winning, but I like the players.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Best WS money can buy.

I wonder if this negatevely impacts the viewership, although it should be up from last year just due to sheer numbers in the home markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Best WS money can buy.

I wonder if this negatevely impacts the viewership, although it should be up from last year just due to sheer numbers in the home markets.
              Why would it negatively affect viewership? Hardcore fans may be annoyed but the general public I'm sure loves it. In fact I bet it's the ideal matchup from a viewership perspective.

Comment

The original Evil Empire vs the Evil Empire of the west

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Why would it negatively affect viewership? Hardcore fans may be annoyed but the general public I'm sure loves it. In fact I bet it's the ideal matchup from a viewership perspective.
                  Well it's gonna negatively affect my viewership haha

ETA: I guess the Marlin fan in me wants to see Jazz and Giancarlo win it.

Comment

There's no matchup that pleases everyone. There's always moaning when wild card teams advance or the best teams in the regular season get knocked off.

Here we have the 2 best teams from each league that earned their way there all year. If things go to form there should be lots of big moments and tight well played games. MVPs from both leagues.

It's been 43 years since we've had this matchup.

Comment

Well it's gonna negatively affect my viewership haha

ETA: I guess the Marlin fan in me wants to see Jazz and Giancarlo win it.
                      Yeah well, you are on the far end of the "hardcore fan" I mentioned. I don't think you align with general joe bandwagon mlb fan in almost any way.

Comment

Best WS money can buy.

Two largest viewing markets, plus Japanese interest (just FYI, Game 5 of the NLDS which pitted the Dodgers' Yamamoto vs the Pads' Darvish, plus Ohtani, drew 19m fans in Japan, despite the 9am start). Somehow I doubt it, lol.

And thanks to Ohtani deferring his salary, the Dodgers check in as just the 4th highest payroll, a smidge above last year's champs, the Texas Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                        X