Closest finish in league history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closest finish in league history

After leading since before the all-star break and despite heading into the final week up 104-97, my team limped to the finish to the point I was tied at 101.5 after Sunday's games, but my rival held the tiebreaker as hec was ahead of me in 6 of 10 categories. I had no Braves or Mets and he only had 1, Edwin Diaz. And lo and behold his giving up 2 ERs cost my rival a point in ERA this securing me title #9, woohooo!

I didn't see a league winner post so maybe this can be it.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I had a heartbreaking second place finish. I was down 22 points at the All Star Break and ready to give up, and then I just started inching and inching back into the race. Took a 1/2 point lead on Monday of the final week, but then my hitters decided that the season should end there and opted against hitting the rest of the week. I ended up losing 111-109. Sigh.

Comment

I'd been thinking about a Winner's Ciecle post but found this. You might want to modify the title to include it.

14 team H2H Money league: I finished 3rd, my bats went quiet against the 6th place team in the semis, then lost the 5th place game via tiebreaker (so I pick 9th next year).

Free 12 team H2H dynasty league I went 17-3, then crushed the 4th and 2nd place teams in the playoffs.

Free 8-team H2H league: I went 14-6 to win the division, won in the semis, lost in the final in a rematch of last year's.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I ended up in 3rd in an AL only league, 3 hits OR 4 Ks away from 1st. Lots of my leagues were close this year

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I'd been thinking about a Winner's Ciecle post but found this. You might want to modify the title to include it.
          I am hoping for a losers circle post so I can participate. I destroyed the competition and was last by a out 30 points !
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I am hoping for a losers circle post so I can participate. I destroyed the competition and was last by a out 30 points !
            Man, that's almost like my finish in the Waiver Wire league... hey... wait a minute...
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Man, that's almost like my finish in the Waiver Wire league... hey... wait a minute...
              You are welcome, lol
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                After leading since before the all-star break and despite heading into the final week up 104-97, my team limped to the finish to the point I was tied at 101.5 after Sunday's games, but my rival held the tiebreaker as hec was ahead of me in 6 of 10 categories. I had no Braves or Mets and he only had 1, Edwin Diaz. And lo and behold his giving up 2 ERs cost my rival a point in ERA this securing me title #9, woohooo!

I didn't see a league winner post so maybe this can be it.
                Congrats!!

Comment

If it weren't for Martin Perez imploring I would have finished 9th - or as view it 1st of the bottom half.

Comment

Working...
                  X