Double Pitching Triple-Crown Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Pitching Triple-Crown Winners

Possibly, another rare event will happen this year. There could be pitching triple-crown winners (league best in K's, W's and ERA) in both leagues.

Chris Sale leads in all 3 categories in the NL and Tarik Skubal leads in all 3 in the AL. Sale is 2 up on Zack Wheeler in Ws, 18 pts up on Wheeler in ERA and 5 up on Dylan Cease in Ks. All 3 pitchers have only 1 scheduled start left.

Skubal leads Framber Valdez by 37 pts in ERA, leads Cole Ragans in Ks by 4, and and has 1 more W than Berrios, Lugo and Rodon. Valdez, Berrios, Lugo and Rodon each have 1 scheduled start left and both Skubal and Ragans each have 2.

Pitching triple-crown winners in both leagues in the same season has happened 3 times before: in 2011 when both Verlander and Kershaw did it, in 1924 when Walter Johnson did in the AL and Dazzy Vance of Brooklyn did it in the NL and in 1918 when Walter Johnson did it in the AL and Hippo Vaughn of the Cubs did it in the NL.
    Last edited by rhd; Yesterday, 12:24 PM.

And today Skubal tightened his grip on the AL triple-crown, not to mention CY award, by tossing 7.0 IP w 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K and a W.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      And today Skubal tightened his grip on the AL triple-crown, not to mention CY award, by tossing 7.0 IP w 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K and a W.
      I made a spring training trade offer of Tyler Glasnow ($6 - 2024, $11 - 2025) for Tarik Skubal ($1 - 2024, $6 - 2025, $11 - 2026). My league mate wisely rejected the offer.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tigers' manager said that Skubal probably wont make his scheduled start on Sunday. No doubt because he wants to save him for the 1st playoff game should Detroit make it. But this could affect Skubal getting the triple crown. Ragans is only 5 Ks behind him and is scheduled to start Sunday.

Comment

Working...
        X