NL Only League Changes Without Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only League Changes Without Houston

One of my NL leagues is looking at possible changes with one less team in the NL. A couple of things brought up was going back to two catcher spots and one utility (instead of the opposite) and lowering the innings pitch minimum that we have always had in place. Just wondering if any other NL leagues were doing anything similar or just leaving things alone.

9-team NL keeper league. No changes for us.

Comment

How many teams is your league. I'm in a 13 team NL league and we've changed one OF spot to a "swing" position. It can be either a hitter or pitcher. We've also upped the inning minumum to 1,100, we also already draft 10 pitchers so teams could now have 11.

Just wondering why you are lowing the innings minimum, it seems to me that with the shift in the way teams have constructed their roster there are more pitchers available.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

10 team NL was 17/10 $290 and now 16/10 $290 (6 OF instead of 7). Current rostered Astros are grandfathered (including Minor Leaguers).

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          How many teams is your league.
          Ten teams, I meant to say maximum on IP. Right now we have 900 minimum and 1450 max.

Comment

I'd think you'd go the other way on catchers, fewer slots, not more. My 12 team NL only is all concerned, but I've convinced them to stand pat for this year to really see the impact. I was also the owner pushing for expansion to 14 teams though.
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X