RJEL Keepers 2k25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Keepers 2k25

I finally made the right calls on some prospects, but due to RJEL's rules, players must be forcibly promoted from the minors upon reaching the rookie minimums.Last year I had too many decent keepers and made a terrible mistake of keeping Bo Naylor over Brice Turang, urgh, but I'm back in the same boat of having too many solid keepers that I'd rather not have to give a few away for peanuts, especially my active top prospects. We can keep 10 active keepers:

Guaranteed Contracts
    1 - Josh Naylor, 12 - 2026
    2 - Logan Gilbert, 11 - 2025

Definites
    3 - Pete Crow-Armstrong, 6-Zero
    4 - Jarren Duran, 7-B (will probably be extended 2 years to make him $17)
    5 - Spencer Schwellenbach, 2-Zero
    6 - Hunter Greene, 5-B (if healthy, will probably extend 1 year to $10)
    7 - Vinnie Pasquantino, 5-B (will probably extend 2 years to $15)

3 of the Rest
    8 - Parker Meadows, 5-A
    9 - Garrett Mitchell, 6-Zero
    10 - Heliot Ramos, 1-A
    11 - Joey Loperfido, 3-Zero
    12 - Noelvi Marte, 3-Zero
    13 - Spencer Arrighetti, 3-A
    14 - Bryce Miller, 4-A
    15 - Clayton Kershaw, 2-A

I've been going back and forth on the likely keeps. Noelvi Marte was too big a prospect to toss back, so I'm thinking he has to be one of them. Bryce Miller has a 1.00 WHIP, how can he not be one of them. That leaves the last one between Mitchell, Meadows, Arrighetti and Ramos IMO.

Kershaw won't fetch much, but I'm sure I can move Loperfido, Mitchell and Arrighetti to get picks or prospects. Mitchell is finally showing his potential. Up until his last start Arrighetti was lights out and looking like a definite keeper, but what does the pen say?

First off, you will likely get some worthwhile info the next month, but as of today here are some random thoughts:

I would keep B Miller for sure.
    Noelvi makes me nervous - hasn't hit at all this year and his minors numbers were never astounding, but he his young
    Ramos is solid, would probably keep him,
    Arrighetti - had some huge strikeout games, but his whip is 1.44, would not keep unless he has a huge September
    Kershaw - as much as a love old pitchers, even I have started to question him, so it's probably time to move on. Could probably get back at a reasonable price next year
    Loperfido - don't think I would keep him
    Garrett Mitchell - has played well of late, doesn't appear to be able to hit lefties, so that would rule him out for me
    Parker Meadows - has 9 SB in limited time and 19 in the minors this year. Always nice to get some steals if other stats are not great. Low OBP this year in majors, but decent history of OBP. Not sure what the Tigers plans for him are - EDIT, looks like he is playing everyday and hit well the entire month of August, so I'd move him into the likely keeper group.
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 09-06-2024, 12:06 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Miller is a no brainer.

Then Ramos & Marte.

I can see Meadows sneaking in above Marte, depending on how they finish the year.

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
        Miller is a no brainer.

Then Ramos & Marte.

I can see Meadows sneaking in above Marte, depending on how they finish the year.
        That's my expectation, but man, Mitchell's OBP is also pretty tempting, and Meadows can go double digits HRs and SBs even in his abbreviated season

Comment

I'm considering keeping Ramos at 6 in a 12-teamer so he's an easy call IMO. Miller also easy call. The final slot is wait to see how three last few weeks pan out. Right now I'd probably go with Meadows.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
          X