Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To chase or be chased for a fantasy title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To chase or be chased for a fantasy title?

I've won several titles over the years (5 x AL, 1 x NL, 1 time 20 team dynasty).

A victory can take 3 basic forms. 1) You're way ahead, trying to hold on. 2) You're behind, playing catch-up to the finish. 3) Back and forth lead swapping right up to the end.

Being ahead.... I hate it. Last year I had a consistent 20 pt lead in dynasty and slowly watched my team collapse right up to the last few days.

Back and forth... I also hate it! Feels too random, like if you played another day, 50% chance it would flip.

Being well behind, making the moves in the categories you need, and closing the gap to overtake... That's the only way to win that feels awesome.

Just my thoughts. Good luck down the stretch!
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I talk to a guy in my redraft league daily. He was in first a few weeks ago, and would always count his chickens like "I don't think I can be worse than 2nd," and the like. Then he dropped to 4th, although he's back in 2nd now.

Same league, another guy who was in 1st 2 weeks ago when the top 3 teams (including the guy above) were at 123.5, 123 and 122.5. He posted "crazy 3 horse race!" Well now the 3rd team of those three has opened up a 12 pt lead and the horse race guy has plunged to 4th. Guess he doesn't realize in horse races, many times the leader tires badly in the stretch (he also has Trump as his logo, so womp womp.)

Moral of the story -- anything can change, especially when there's 6+ weeks left.

Comment

Always better to be ahead. One year, I was leading for most of the year, but in the home stretch the 2nd place guy was whittling down my lead. It was nerve-wracking but I held onto 1st. Last year, I was the one doing the chasing. I was just behind going into the last week. I had a very good last few days but came up an inactive Chris Stratton win short. Cinderella finishes that come up short are exciting but frustrating.

This year? Well, let's just say it hasnt been my year.

Comment

I love the chase. So stressful watching a lead slip away. I’m currently 5 down in my league but I was down over 20 at the all star break and was ready to dump. Now it’s 5 with a month to go and there’s a path to victory. Having practically given up on the season, I feel like I’m playing with house money right now.

Comment

Working...
        X