Marcell Ozuna — Triple Crown Winner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcell Ozuna — Triple Crown Winner?

Has anyone noticed that Marcell Ozuna has a tremendous chance of winning the NL Triple Crown? He's 2nd in the NL in BA by 1 pt, 2nd in HRs by 1, and leading in RBIs by 5. How has no one really mentioned this before? I only found out how close he was tonight when my son told me.

Ohtani is right there with Ozuna. Both are top 3 in each category.

And if Judge can can gain 19 BA points on Witt in the AL, he could do it also. BTW, Judge is batting .376 since the beginning of May. So, he's been more than just a home run guy this year.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Sad but true. In my local league, I dropped Ozuna after the All-Star break last season. Ozuna was coming off two terrible seasons. When he had a good month in June, I grabbed him from the free agent pool. Then when he had a bad month in July, I figured he was regressing back to his previous two seasons form and I dropped him. MagSeven immediately scoops him up and Ozuna immediately catches fire the final two months and carries MagSeven to a 2nd place finish. This year MagSeven makes Ozuna one of his keepers and he's been in first place most of the year. So close, yet so far away. Sigh.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Sad but true. In my local league, I dropped Ozuna after the All-Star break last season. Ozuna was coming off two terrible seasons. When he had a good month in June, I grabbed him from the free agent pool. Then when he had a bad month in July, I figured he was regressing back to his previous two seasons form and I dropped him. MagSeven immediately scoops him up and Ozuna immediately catches fire the final two months and carries MagSeven to a 2nd place finish. This year MagSeven makes Ozuna one of his keepers and he's been in first place most of the year. So close, yet so far away. Sigh.
        Ooof, horrible. We all have horror stories, but this one is pretty bad tbh, lol

Comment

Ozuna Triple Crown Watch:
          BA - 1st, .308 (up by 2 pts)
          HR - 2nd, 37 (down by 3 HRs)
          RBI - 1st, 94 (up by 2)

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Ooof, horrible. We all have horror stories, but this one is pretty bad tbh, lol
            He was actually dropped by someone else before I picked him up. So, misery has company here.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Ozuna Triple Crown Watch:
              BA - 1st, .308 (up by 2 pts)
              HR - 2nd, 37 (down by 3 HRs)
              RBI - 1st, 94 (up by 2)
              If Ozuna wins the Triple Crown and Ohtani becomes the first 50/50 player while finishing top 3 in BA, HR, & RBI, who gets the MVP award?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If Ozuna wins the Triple Crown and Ohtani becomes the first 50/50 player while finishing top 3 in BA, HR, & RBI, who gets the MVP award?
                Even if the Braves make the playoffs, it's Ohtani for me. Other players have won the triple crown but no one has ever had a 50-50 season. Even a 40-40 season is rarer than a triple crown season. But some may pick Ozuna because w/o him the Braves probably have no shot at the playoffs whereas the Dodgers maybe still make it w/o Ohtani.

Comment

Well, the oddsmakers have it this way:
                  Ohtani -2300
                  Lindor +500
                  Ozuna +2300

Comment

The guy in 2nd in my league dropped Ozuna after week 1 because he airway had Ohtani as his UT. I tried to get him in trade for a player I outbid him on in the auction (Manzardo), but he decided to drop him instead and another team outbid me in FAAB. The fact I'm in 1st takes some of the sting out of it.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                    X