Anyone Ever Go to First Pitch Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Ever Go to First Pitch Forums?

I've never been to any, but the dates work for me this year (Baltimore or NJ). Is it worth it to drive two hours to?

Yes, it is worth it. I'll be driving 8 hours to the Balt/DC one, then 4 hours to NYC/NJ then 4 more to Boston
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I've been to two.

Yeah, they're pretty good.

And if anyone thinks they'll be the whitest, baldest, flabbiest guy in the room - fugheddabout it, lol. It's like a convention! Who knew?
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        I've been to two.

Yeah, they're pretty good.

And if anyone thinks they'll be the whitest, baldest, flabbiest guy in the room - fugheddabout it, lol. It's like a convention! Who knew?
        I've got two of the three and working on the third.

Comment

Yeah, I'll throw my hat into the endorsement ring as well. To me, it's only worth the drive if you don't hit traffic, but that's me - I hate sitting in traffic.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Yes, I'd drive two hours for it. I've been every year (5?) since they've come out to the West Coast and I enjoy it very much. I wouldn't say that it is indispensable fantasy advice, but it is very cool to hear what "experts" think face to face. I only wish they would free up more time for questions from the crowd. They always seem to fill the three hours with Powerpoint and we only get a few minutes for Q&A.

It's one of the will-not-miss (along with the Forecaster, the Prospectus, and the Sickels book) fantasy expenses I indulge in every season. I've already signed up for this year.

Comment

I think its worth the time
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Yes, I'd drive two hours for it. I've been every year (5?) since they've come out to the West Coast and I enjoy it very much. I wouldn't say that it is indispensable fantasy advice, but it is very cool to hear what "experts" think face to face. I only wish they would free up more time for questions from the crowd. They always seem to fill the three hours with Powerpoint and we only get a few minutes for Q&A.

It's one of the will-not-miss (along with the Forecaster, the Prospectus, and the Sickels book) fantasy expenses I indulge in every season. I've already signed up for this year.
                Totally worth it. We met Fresno at one of those. Then there was the one year we found Shandler find a place to eat.

Very proud of my Zorba's Deli recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  Totally worth it. We met Fresno at one of those. Then there was the one year we found Shandler find a place to eat.

Very proud of my Zorba's Deli recommendation.
                  Was it Dave and Buster's we went to one of the years I had a job and could afford to make the trip?

FWIW, there is usually someone that hangs around each site until all the questions are answered.

At least the venues I go to

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                    Was it Dave and Buster's we went to one of the years I had a job and could afford to make the trip?

FWIW, there is usually someone that hangs around each site until all the questions are answered.

At least the venues I go to
                    Oh that's right! That one was in Milpitas at The Great Mall.

Comment

The Dane and I got to be in the "Fantasyland" documentary because they did some filming at the Bay Area one that year
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        yep, not quite the finest dining of Northern California!

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          yep, not quite the finest dining of Northern California!
                          I wasn't there to look at the dining....

Comment

I'd say "yes, it's worth the travel time". I thoroughly enjoyed the First Pitch seminar in Phoenix and think it was worth the expense and time to go from Ohio to Arizona and back, not to mention the opportunity to meet all the RJ guys there.

Now whether that will translate into fantasy baseball success this year, who knows...
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              I'd say "yes, it's worth the travel time". I thoroughly enjoyed the First Pitch seminar in Phoenix and think it was worth the expense and time to go from Ohio to Arizona and back, not to mention the opportunity to meet all the RJ guys there.

Now whether that will translate into fantasy baseball success this year, who knows...
                              The spring and fall programs are much different, but both worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X