Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Heyward for Stanton? CSantana for Mauer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Heyward for Stanton? CSantana for Mauer?

12T mixed 7x7 keeper. Extra hitting cats are Hits and OPS. We utilize a CONTRACT YEAR (CY) keeper system and the Stanton owner is tight against his cap meaning he will likely be unable to match upcoming takeover bids on 2 of his best players, (Carlos Gonzalez and Jose Reyes). Players on expiring contracts become restricted free agents (RFA) with owner holding match rights. We hold a slow email auction on such players in Jan and Feb.
    His Stanton is locked in at 2CY (means he's signed through 2014) and his Mauer is on a 1 CY contract. He only earned 12CY (finished 2nd) and already has 10 of them committed to carry over contracts on Stanton AGonz Bautista Kinsler and Mauer. As I said his CarGo and Reyes are both up for RFA bidding and I'd expect CarGo to draw a 3 or 4 CY bid and Reyes a 2 or 3 bid. Also, he would probably like to acquire a CY (or two?) to allocate to his unsigned Lawrie and Jordan Zimmermann when we name final keeps going into our open draft in March.
    My Heyward is currently unsigned (so he could sign him at just 1CY or whatever # of years depending what it cost him to match CarGo and/or Reyes). My C Santana is up for RFA bidding so he'd have the option to match or pass on the highest bid so he could save the obligated Mauer CY there. I earned 15 CY (worse finish and also earned some second half performance incentives) of which I currently have 6 committed to Tulo J-Upton and Prince. I hold match rights on Ryan Zimmerman (I expect 2CY) Wainwright (1 or 2CY?) and Santana (1CY?). I also planned to retain enough CY to put 2 each on my unsigned Strasburg and Heyward and another on either Austin Jackson or Latos.
    All that said is the keeper portion of my lineup (Tulo J-Up Prince A-Jax R-Zimm (hopefully) Harper and Profar (free rooks)) improved by replacing Heyward and C-Santana (hopefully) with Stanton and Mauer?

Man, I honestly have no idea. Mauer gets a lot more hits than Santana, and last year he was better in OPS. 174 hits/128 hits, 861/785 OPS. Stanton should have a higher OPS and probably not as many hits as Heyward. (Stanton 135/130 hits last 2 years, 969 OPS last year; Heyward 158 hits last year, 814 OPS)

Straight 5x5 I give Stanton an edge over J-Hey, but it's not massive. And Santana/Mauer is an edge for Mauer. It looks like the years are equal. Which side is riskier? Probably the Stanton/Mauer side, but it depends how much bounce-back you expect from Santana.

I'd probably do the deal. OR, could you spend an extra CY to lock up Heyward for 3 years? He's young, I might try to do that if you could find a way. I might like Heyward 3yrs/Carlos 1yr more than Stanton 2yr/Mauer 1 year, but I'm not even sure if I do.

Comment

It seems like the Stanton/Mauer side would be better in batting average, homers, and probably runs and rbi than the Heyward/Santana side. Not a huge advantage though. I think the years of control would be the difference for me, since it is close enough stats wise to be debated.

Comment

Working...
      X