Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chase DeLauter and Brandon Marsh for Ian Happ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase DeLauter and Brandon Marsh for Ian Happ?

I was really high on DeLauter coming into this year. But he started slow and hurt the same foot that has haunted him since college. I think he has the talent to be an all star, but I also worry this foot may haunt him his whole career. I've enjoyed Marsh's good start, but I assume the fade is coming. On the other side, Happ had a career year last year that I doubt he repeats, but he is also very likely a big upgrade over Marsh ROS. Marsh is just $1, so if he keeps it up, a good keeper. Happ is not a keeper. Should I take the deal? Before the season, everyone wanted DeLauter, but I assume this broken foot, coupled with his slow start have really tanked his value, so my plan to use him as a late season trade chip is probably out the window. I'm thinking this may be the best I can do now.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I was really high on DeLauter coming into this year. But he started slow and hurt the same foot that has haunted him since college. I think he has the talent to be an all star, but I also worry this foot may haunt him his whole career. I've enjoyed Marsh's good start, but I assume the fade is coming. On the other side, Happ had a career year last year that I doubt he repeats, but he is also very likely a big upgrade over Marsh ROS. Marsh is just $1, so if he keeps it up, a good keeper. Happ is not a keeper. Should I take the deal? Before the season, everyone wanted DeLauter, but I assume this broken foot, coupled with his slow start have really tanked his value, so my plan to use him as a late season trade chip is probably out the window. I'm thinking this may be the best I can do now.
    Lots to sort thru here, ...Happ isn't a keeper...but Marsh is probably only a keeper in a shallow league (not sure if this applies ?). DeLauter is struggling in AA and will be 23 this year, he seems to be a solid OBP guy, so maybe a plus if that is a category...but not much power or speed, so OBP/AVG are his apparent strength, but struggling in AA at his age is a concern. I don't think this is a huge deal either way, but I'd probably opt for Happ
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I cant see bailing on Marsh at the peak right now. You can let him cool off a bit or maybe he is actually this good. Even with a slight cold streak lately he is right where Happ's projections are.

Comment

Happ has 640 and 690 PA the last two years, Marsh has 460 and 470. Marsh is hitting .150 vs lefties this year. I think betting on Marsh to equal Happ is not a good bet.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He is willing to let me keep Marsh, so it is DeLauter for Happ now. I'd be cutting Michael Wacha to make room in the majors. FS, this is a 14 team mixed league, so I'm doubtful Marsh ends up being keeper worthy in a league this size.

Comment

I took the 1 for 1, mostly because I worry about that foot for DeLauter. It keeps getting hurt and doesn't seem able to heal fully. Happ isn't who I thought I'd get for DeLauter when the year started and the DeLauter hype was at an ATH, but Happ should come around and give me something this year.

Comment

Working...
            X