Eloy Jimenez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eloy Jimenez

Given my keeper roster and lack of funds I thought I might take a chance on Eloy Jimenez this year in our AL only 5x5 auction.

I thought I might get a discount as the sharks in our league are too savy to bid him up. I thought this could be the year where he stays healthy.

I am wrong on all counts. He went for $26 to a very knowledgeable team of brothers. And now he is hurt himself by running to first base. Hammy? Nope. Abductor Soreness. I think this is a new one for Eloy.

I think he would have to be under 12 bucks before I would take a chance. I confess I got caught up in the bidding frenzy and exceeded by top bid by a few dollars. Glad I did not get him for my $20 bid.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Given my keeper roster and lack of funds I thought I might take a chance on Eloy Jimenez this year in our AL only 5x5 auction.

I thought I might get a discount as the sharks in our league are too savy to bid him up. I thought this could be the year where he stays healthy.

I am wrong on all counts. He went for $26 to a very knowledgeable team of brothers. And now he is hurt himself by running to first base. Hammy? Nope. Abductor Soreness. I think this is a new one for Eloy.

I think he would have to be under 12 bucks before I would take a chance. I confess I got caught up in the bidding frenzy and exceeded by top bid by a few dollars. Glad I did not get him for my $20 bid.
    He is one of those guys who is hard to give up on, me and another poster who shall remain nameless can't give up on Nate Pearson and Sixto Sanchez, lol . Sounds like you made the right choice
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

He is one of those guys who is hard to give up on, me and another poster who shall remain nameless can't give up on Nate Pearson and Sixto Sanchez, lol . Sounds like you made the right choice
      Moncada is another one, Buxton too
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It seems to be getting easier day by day. And now the team who rosters him could not even trade him and his $26 contract to a rebuilding team.

Comment

Someday, Pearson is going to be a star! Someday...
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
          X