Deal Detmers and Winn for Buehler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal Detmers and Winn for Buehler?

I've been offered Walker Buehler $15 for my Detmers ($3) and Masyn Winn (minors). Buehler is under contract for next year as well, which scares me. I think Buehler is healthy, but I'm not sure he will stay that way and the 6 man rotation turns me off. But what does the pen think? Will Buehler come back good as ever, or close enough to do this deal?

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I've been offered Walker Buehler $15 for my Detmers ($3) and Masyn Winn (minors). Buehler is under contract for next year as well, which scares me. I think Buehler is healthy, but I'm not sure he will stay that way and the 6 man rotation turns me off. But what does the pen think? Will Buehler come back good as ever, or close enough to do this deal?
    If this is the league where the top pitcher went for close to 100, I think I would do it. Worth the risk imo
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

If this is the league where the top pitcher went for close to 100, I think I would do it. Worth the risk imo
      It is, but I adjusted the numbers to be more in line with standard leagues. The real salaries are $25 for Buehler and $5 for Detmers. I guess my hang up is I have an irrational belief in Detmers emerging as a top 40 starter this year.

Comment

Same owner is offering me Nate Eovaldi for Masyn Winn as well. I don't think Eovaldi will be a keeper at his price, which is the same as Buehler's but he also isn't on a guaranteed contract like Buehler. Is that a better deal?

Comment

Same owner is offering me Nate Eovaldi for Masyn Winn as well. I don't think Eovaldi will be a keeper at his price, which is the same as Buehler's but he also isn't on a guaranteed contract like Buehler. Is that a better deal?
          I would prefer Buehler and take the risk I think. If he is healthy at year end he is a great keeper in this League But him and Eovaldi are both risks...if u love Detmers he is cheap....and has some potential
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Gracias....I'm also taking your advice and taking the kids up to see totality, if the weather looks good.

Comment

Gracias....I'm also taking your advice and taking the kids up to see totality, if the weather looks good.
              I sure hope it is clear !
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I would also make this deal for Buehler.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X