NL-only $280. cap, 4x4--Final keeper slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only $280. cap, 4x4--Final keeper slot

I've got my keeper list, due tonight, down to 3 guys for the final slot. All have something going for them, all have mixed ratings. I have no particular need at any position, although I kept 3 OF already. My initial instinct is to throw all of them back, but that leaves speed and HR's on the table. Very competitive keeper league, with 15 keepers max, so inflation is high. I doubt any of these guys will go for less $$.
    Thanks for your input!
    Scottw
    Jake Fraley CIN $13.00
    Ryan McMahon-COL $22.00
    Brendan Rodgers COL $18.00
    Attached Files
    Bearin' up!

Maybe McMahon, I would pass on the other two
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Fraley. Not only is he $5 or $9 cheaper, but I think he is the most likely of those three to continue producing at his current level.

Rodgers and McMahon have both benefited a lot from playing half their games at Coors. And their overall numbers are still mediocre. If they get traded, they will probably regress and become part-time players. Fraley's splits are a little more even. So I like him more than the other two.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Fraley. Not only is he $5 or $9 cheaper, but I think he is the most likely of those three to continue producing at his current level.

Rodgers and McMahon have both benefited a lot from playing half their games at Coors. And their overall numbers are still mediocre. If they get traded, they will probably regress and become part-time players. Fraley's splits are a little more even. So I like him more than the other two.
        Farley only batted 34 times against against lefties last year and hit .147. He is listed as a platoon player in depth charts.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I would probably not be keeping any of these, maybe Fraley who offers some speed/power but he's not an everyday starter.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            I would not be keeping any of these.
            That was my first inclination, and that's what I handed in a few minutes ago.
            Thanks all!
            Scottw
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Farley only batted 34 times against against lefties last year and hit .147. He is listed as a platoon player in depth charts.
              Yeah, but what about Fraley?

Oops, I was looking at his home/away splits. I still like him the best of the three. The other two have burned me in past seasons.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fraley the best of the bunch. He does have to contend with a crowded OF but has skills

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  Fraley the best of the bunch. He does have to contend with a crowded OF but has skills
                  That outfield just got less crowded with Friedl out for 3 months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X