Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas for fantasy baseball tiebreaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas for fantasy baseball tiebreaker?

For the first time ever, my local league had two teams finish tied for last place in 2023. Last place team from the previous season gets the number one waiver priority (no FAAB) to start the year. Draft is online and one of the managers lives out of state, so no coin flip.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

We used this in a similar situation:

Just Flip A Coin! Instant 50/50 Coin Toss. Heads or Tails?

Comment

With the lack of rules in place everything is going to feel unfair unless you do it randomly - like harmon said, coin flip doesnt have to be in person.

Going forward tiebreakers should be built into the rules. Not hard to specify what to do

If the tied teams were head to head, which ones won more categories.
      Who had the most AB + IP

Unlikely to be tied at that point, but if so, just list an order of categories.
      Highest AVG
      Lowest ERA
      etc. for all categories.

Final tiebreaker, order of standings the previous year (highest one "wins" the tiebreaker).

Comment

Use Pick 3 lottery numbers. Assign both a random state today and go with tomorrow's first draw of the day. Highest number wins. We use this format to determine draft order in all my leagues that need it randomized.

Comment

If you want something competitive, you could go H2H categories. If that is a tie as well, then random categories or coin-flip.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Should have mentioned its a roto league.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Use Pick 3 lottery numbers. Assign both a random state today and go with tomorrow's first draw of the day. Highest number wins. We use this format to determine draft order in all my leagues that need it randomized.
              This would work since they live in two different states (PA & GA) and their home state could pick their number. Thanks.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

would anything change if you carried out BA, WHIP, or ERA to another decimal point?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  would anything change if you carried out BA, WHIP, or ERA to another decimal point?
                  No. Yahoo has already carried out the numbers an extra five digits to break ties in the percentage categories.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

No. Yahoo has already carried out the numbers an extra five digits to break ties in the percentage categories.

Nothing came through on your table

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Nothing came through on your table
                      It was irrelevant and I had trouble deleting it.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It was irrelevant and I had trouble deleting it.
                        Fair.

So these 2 teams tied. But did they really tie? Did they accumulate the same stats in every single category? If not then they didn't really tie

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Fair.

So these 2 teams tied. But did they really tie? Did they accumulate the same stats in every single category? If not then they didn't really tie
                          In addition to breaking the tie, I'm also trying to avoid starting World War III in my league lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In addition to breaking the tie, I'm also trying to avoid starting World War III in my league lol.
                            Understood - that's why I'd make sure you have the tiebreaker rules spelled out in the constitution of the league. (for next time)

Comment

Working...
                            X