Any local Snell Rumors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any local Snell Rumors?

I just traded my res pick 6.1 (first $5 round) for 10.4 (first $2 round) and Snell. I realize that there is strong rumor of LAA, but think it is worth the shot.

Just curious if any of your local radio shows or new outlets have any thoughts.

My local radio guys know that the Pirates are too cheap to sign him.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I can confirm that one of my friend's kids was Snell's catcher in Little League. Snell is a local guy, but there is no recent talk about him signing with the Mariner's.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just hope he signs somewhere soon. The strategy of holding out his top SP clients until right before the season starts is really dumb, especially as Snell and Montgomery will likely now settle for short term deals. Getting a late start will likely impact their performance, at least early on.

Comment

Snell is a notorious slow starter as well.

Comment

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Snell pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Snell pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
              With all of the AL injuries my minor investment is not looking great. Still in only takes 1 NL team to make it all good.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I disagree
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

On the bright side Gregg it seems like you really didn't give up much, if anything. Is the 1st $5 worth more or less than the 1st $2 round? It seems like at least for long term roster construction the $2 guy has more upside as a positive net asset if you hit.

Comment

Working...
                  X