Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed results

5x5 we use oba, slug, r, rbi, sb, w+qs, k, era, whip, & sv
    Keepers in bold. My original plan was to get one more big slugger but instead of going around 40 they all went for 50. Plus high end SPs went higher than expected and there were only a few available so I ended up diverting more resources there. Thoughts?

C Murphy 5
    1B Freeman 43
    2B Altuve 14
    3B Steer 1
    SS Witt 39

CI Schanuel 2
    ​​MI Gelof 5
    OF Schwarber 10
    OF J Lowe 7
    OF Carter 5

OF Castellanos 16
    OF Melendez 1
    UT Buxton 4

P Gilbert 8
    P Ryan 4

P Gausman 36
    P E Perez 26
    P C Sanchez 5
    P Woo 4
    P Ober 3
    P Alvarado 11
    P Jansen 7

Res
    1B Manzardo 1
    OF Rafaela 1
    OF Merrill 2
    P Harrison 1
    P W Smith 3

​​​​​​
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Some of the crazier prices included Yamamoto 57(!) Wheeler 45, F Peralta 33, Langford 25, Chourio 16, Holiday 15
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Not bad. I like your staff, but I think given it's just 12 teams, your hitting could have been stronger. Melendez, Schanuel and even Buxton don't strike me as starters in a 12 teamer.

Comment

I don't think your keeper list was super strong, but a decent draft. I like Murphy, Buxton, and your pitchers at those prices.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I like Woo and Ober at those prices.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I don't think your keeper list was super strong, but a decent draft. I like Murphy, Buxton, and your pitchers at those prices.
            I agree on Murphy, Buxton and the pitchers. I also like Freeman as fair to lower than expected price. Witt and Schwarber seem cheap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I agree on Murphy, Buxton and the pitchers. I also like Freeman as fair to lower than expected price. Witt and Schwarber seem cheap to me.
              Some good keepers, but overall the keeper list didn't make me think his team was a favorite this year., I certainly could be wrong. It was a good draft and now time to see how it plays out and make moves accordingly
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Some good keepers, but overall the keeper list didn't make me think his team was a favorite this year., I certainly could be wrong. It was a good draft and now time to see how it plays out and make moves accordingly
                Thanks everyone for the feedback.

According to another owner's auction software program, I had one of the top 3 keeper lists. I think I overpaid for Gausman and Perez, but every top SP went well over value so I felt I had to adjust as my hitter keepers were much stronger. I agree I should have gotten another big bat but all of my targets (Alvarez, Alonso, Devers) went closer to 50, which would have most likely prevented me from getting all those good values at the end (Buxton, Ober, Woo). Merrill and Rafaela both appear to have starting gigs so one of them should be decent enough if Melendez sucks again. There are several FAs that I'll be keeping a close eye on, like Busch and Westburg. I don't see how Buxton isn't playable in any league when he's healthy, as he supposedly is...today.

But yes there is certainly more work to be done. I assumed Smith would be the closer in KC but apparently that is still not confirmed. But I got too well-established closers for under $20 which was one of my goals. Last season I finished runner-up because I punted saves mid-season as I was having no luck on the waiver wire after I left the auction with only 1 closer.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                X