No announcement yet.

best auction software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I’ll defer to you and maybe I’m too generous with my assumptions but you would think these would all modeled off PT translated to ABs or IP and then translated to all the categorical stats based on H%, BB%, K% type statistics (oversimplified here since I don’t feel like typing a ton ?)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      So I’ll defer to you and maybe I’m too generous with my assumptions but you would think these would all modeled off PT translated to ABs or IP and then translated to all the categorical stats based on H%, BB%, K% type statistics (oversimplified here since I don’t feel like typing a ton ?)
      This is a really fascinating topic. I wonder how the projections from various websites differ in terms of accuracy from the fantasy baseball industry vs each other and also compared to what the MLB teams use. And how can you measure the accuracy ? Playing time and injuries are difficult to project sometimes...so are projections best done on plate appearance basis ? From a fantasy baseball perspective, does using one websites projections offer any advantage ? Is it better to average projections from various sites ? Or is that in the noise considering all the other variables ? If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there did it make a sound ? Inquiring minds want to know.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It would indeed be an awesome study. I can hypothesize several possible approaches but the first that comes to mind would control for a population where expected playing time closely matched actual playing time (to control for player specific variance caused by injury). If say you isolated a subpopulation of just the players who hit their expected playing time projections (give or take) then you have somewhat a clean sample to then use for comparison purposes against all the main projections available. At that point, you could model for accuracy across sites probably as an index.

Not perfect but you would need to do something to just isolate a rep sample I think since there is no way to project outliers since by definition that outlier outcome would be outside the range of expected possibilities. I’d personally be more curious to see who is most accurate projecting when “noise” is eliminated basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
          It would indeed be an awesome study. I can hypothesize several possible approaches but the first that comes to mind would control for a population where expected playing time closely matched actual playing time (to control for player specific variance caused by injury). If say you isolated a subpopulation of just the players who hit their expected playing time projections (give or take) then you have somewhat a clean sample to then use for comparison purposes against all the main projections available. At that point, you could model for accuracy across sites probably as an index.
          som
          Not perfect but you would need to do something to just isolate a rep sample I think since there is no way to project outliers since by definition that outlier outcome would be outside the range of expected possibilities. I’d personally be more curious to see who is most accurate projecting when “noise” is eliminated basically.
          Evaluating projections for a smaller population of guys that basically play a whole season would be interesting. Someone has probably already done it, I'm always amazed at the amount of analysis and info that is now available compared to the past.
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
          X