Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marry, Keep, Trade… NL Edition

Hope you enjoyed the headline…

NL 5x5 keeper league… We keep 7 plus minor leaguers. I have more candidates than slots. Would appreciate input on whom to keep, how far to extend, and which guys to trade. Extensions $5/year.

Spencer Strider $1 (extend to $11 or 16?)
    Michael Harris $8 (extend to $18?)
    CJ Abrams $17
    Logan Webb $7/final -must keep (or trade)
    Evan Phillips $8
    Freddie Freeman $40 (no extension?)
    Matt Olson $42
    ———
    Ryan Helsley $10
    Orlando Arcia $2
    Mookie Betts $49
    Kyle Schwarber $31 option

My initial instinct is to keep the 7 above the line. Some friends suggested I keep Helsley instead. Would then look to trade the rest. What do you think?

For whatever it’s worth, our auction this year will also feature Acuna, Ohtani, Yamamoto, and more. A lot of young talent like EDLC etc will be gone.

I would stay with those 7 at those same prices with the one exception of extending Strider to $16. That's still a good price for the top NL pitcher.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd probably take the $7 hit and keep Betts over Olson. Not only is betts more well rounded but it plugs your 2B which is fairly shallow in NL.

Comment

I agree with Pauly on Betts over Olson plus you got Freddie for 1B.

Is this an OBP or Ave. League?

Comment

Thanks all. AVG not OBP, Gregg.

Would you focus on upgrading that 7th piece (Olson or Betts)? Or use the extra pieces to land minor leaguers?

Also curious why nobody advocates Helsley $10 instead of Betts/Olson. Seems more under value and could lock up saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Thanks all. AVG not OBP, Gregg.

Would you focus on upgrading that 7th piece (Olson or Betts)? Or use the extra pieces to land minor leaguers?

Also curious why nobody advocates Helsley $10 instead of Betts/Olson. Seems more under value and could lock up saves.
            Helsley's talent is unquestionable, but his durability is still a concern. There's probably only a handful of sure things among closers.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X