No announcement yet.

Podcast/Radio Show Pet Peeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FTN Fantasy show on SiriusXM had some doozies today. It's already a hard listen because while Chris Meany is a knowledgable host, he's got a heavy Canadian accent on some words, and every other sentence is "strikeOOT."

But today, both him and Dane Martinez mangled Miles Mikolas, pronouncing it as "MEE-kolas." Cmon guys, that was fine in 2018 when he returned to MLB, but you've had 7 years to figure this one OOT.

And then they made their pick in the Vintage Draft they're doing and they said they were considering Nap La-JEE as a pick. For those not into vintage drafting, it's pronounced "LAJ-way" (or if you're French, La-ZHWA).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      The FTN Fantasy show on SiriusXM had some doozies today. It's already a hard listen because while Chris Meany is a knowledgable host, he's got a heavy Canadian accent on some words, and every other sentence is "strikeOOT."

But today, both him and Dane Martinez mangled Miles Mikolas, pronouncing it as "MEE-kolas." Cmon guys, that was fine in 2018 when he returned to MLB, but you've had 7 years to figure this one OOT.

And then they made their pick in the Vintage Draft they're doing and they said they were considering Nap La-JEE as a pick. For those not into vintage drafting, it's pronounced "LAJ-way" (or if you're French, La-ZHWA).
      Sorry y'all were offended.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post

Sorry y'all were offended.
        LOLOLOL!

I’m just not sure I’ve ever heard a Canadian host on XM! I mean, we love you guys, but can you not go heavy on the “aboots” on an international broadcast, lol?

Comment

Working...
        X