No announcement yet.

Jerry Reinsdorf's favorite movie scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reinsdorf's favorite movie scene.

There is a lot of controversy over Jerry wanting funding for a new stadium. He says he needs it to keep the Sox in Chicago. While I do want the Sox to remain in Chicago not sure the tax payers should pay for it. Then I heard on the SCORE (also divided) that the tax really is not additional money our of the citizens of Chicago but a 2% adder to hotels. i also just read that Reinsdorf only owns 19% of the team with majority holders outside of Illinois. When he dies they are going to want to maximize their investment.

Could this really be Jerry trying to keep the Sox hear (he will be 88 next week) or is he just a crafty billionaire that wants a free stadium?

Every billionaire owner wants a free stadium paid for by the taxpayers. And they always get it.....eventually.....somewhere.

I'm waiting for the day when an owner says to tear down Wrigley or Fenway. That could get interesting.
    Last edited by madducks; 02-24-2024, 11:20 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X