CBS Auction Time Clock On Reserve Draft Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Auction Time Clock On Reserve Draft Players

Question for CBS auction league users. We have a standard auction with a reserve draft afterwards by just doing a snake draft for those players. Is there a way to set it so there is no time limit (or so you can extend the time limit) on the reserve draft? CBS offers an option of 60 seconds as the max but no option for not having a clock at all or to extend it. Since there is no way to get a hold of CBS now (at least it doesn't seem so) I thought I would do the commish on this league a favor and ask here.

So I think we found it. So instead of having an actual option not here that says "no timer" when the commish sets up the auction/reserve draft you just don't check off any time box and it will play without a timer. CBS cracks me up.

Comment

How has your experience been in the CBS auction room? I've heard mixed reviews from a few people

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        How has your experience been in the CBS auction room? I've heard mixed reviews from a few people
        I use it often, for both baseball and football. When it works, it's fine, but you're always holding your breath. One year the site just would not load for anyone and we had to do the auction via text message, which was a disaster. You're in RJEL so you've used it before.

For a company that pretty much dominates the fantasy landscape, you would think they would have their shit together, but they don't.

Comment

The auto bid feature is useless and is set where you can accidentally turn it on and not be aware of it. The bidding can go so fast that using the “1 more” button might have you bidding way more than you wanted. By the time you type in an amount it could be too low and you end up being locked out.

It has issues but it works fine overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Last year our league had a lot pr problems. We did it on a Tuesday night to avoid all the weekend traffic on the site and still had trouble (guys getting dropped off the room). I do ESPN and CBS leagues and it's a shame for CBS cost compared to a free ESPN that it performs the way it does.

Comment

Working...
            X