• Show
Clear All

• Burnes Traded to the Orioles

For DL Hall and Joey Ortiz.

seems like a light return given all the O’s top prospects

Originally posted by revo View Post
    For DL Hall and Joey Ortiz.

seems like a light return given all the O’s top prospects
    Absolutely love this deal! Yes, very light. Neither of these guys figured to have large roles w the MLB club anyway. O's get a TOR pitcher and still have the best prospects in MLB.

Now, who else can we get? O's still have at least 5 position player top prospects that are or will soon be ready for MLB that they have no starting spots for. That's not even counting guys like Beavers, Fabian and Horvath.

Comment

The Brewer's won the division last year and potentially had the best roster to defend it but they punt for 2024 for this?!

Comment

Crazy deal. Amazing get for the O's without giving up anything that matters to them. Don't get it for the Brewers,

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          The Brewer's won the division last year and potentially had the best roster to defend it but they punt for 2024 for this?!

I knew something was brewing in Milwaukee when Craig Counsel left for the Cubs.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

In addition to Hall & Ortiz, the Brewers also get the 34th overall pick in the 2024 draft.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              In addition to Hall & Ortiz, the Brewers also get the 34th overall pick in the 2024 draft.
              That makes it better. I still don't get trading an ace when you can win the division again, but I guess that is what "small market" teams have to do to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                My favorite musical act as a kid was Hall & Ortiz.

Comment

I can't believe the Brewers went for that.....ohh no, they should have said they can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that.....

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    I can't believe the Brewers went for that.....ohh no, they should have said they can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that.....
                    They did it in a minute.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's because Ortiz was on their list ... of the best things in life
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

This thread has successfully confused and scared off any millennials and gen Z types that may have stumbled upon us. So Out of Touch.

Comment

We could start talking about possible destinations for Rich Hill, or would that be going too far?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            We could start talking about possible destinations for Rich Hill, or would that be going too far?
                            You know, it don't matter anyway
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No mention yet of Orioles-hired Private Eyes digging up dirt on Matt Arnold to make him say yes to this shitty deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X