Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA List" Version)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by harmon View Post

    Well, I took Malloy with pick # 638 (round 43) in a 50 player draft and hold. He has 3B eligibility to start the year and would gain OF after 10 games there. At this point he seems like a decent flyer. Home park might suppress his power a bit but he looks like a pretty strong dude.
    BA includes him in their 15 "Honorable Mentions" for their list. Now I feel better about putting him on my list .

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rhd View Post

      Thanx for the reply, J.

      Keith really had a breakout season last year between AA and AAA. He plays both 3B and 2B but BA says he's more likely to play 2B. He would be an upgrade for Detroit at either position since their projected starters are Zach McKinstry at 2B and Matt Vierling at 3B. So I would project that he's in the Tigers starting lineup by mid-season. Re: upside, BA says he is a pure hitter w plus power and give him a FV of 55-medium risk. So I would say above-average regular who could be AS-caliber if he can stick at 2B.
      Tigers signed Keith to a nine-year, $82 million contract including club options for 2030, 2031 and 2032.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

      ― Albert Einstein

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by madducks View Post

        Tigers signed Keith to a nine-year, $82 million contract including club options for 2030, 2031 and 2032.
        And FG Roster Resource now lists him as the starting 2Bman. But I'm not moving him up on my list just yet, as I already think I had him about where he should have been if he got significant MLB playing time this year.

        Comment


        • #19
          You're higher than everyone on Victor Scott. Tell me more please.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by whalewang View Post
            You're higher than everyone on Victor Scott. Tell me more please.
            Thanx for the response, whalewang.

            Well, the obvious reason is his SB potential, which is tremendous. He led the minors in SBs last year w 94 and projects to be a MLB regular. Guys like that are potentially very valuable in roto. And he might be up sometime this year. He also is an accomplished OFer, which makes him becoming a regular even more likely. I may be higher on him on my list than the non-fantasy lists but he's been listed on all 3 major top 100 lists that have appeared so far (#83 on BA, (#64 on BP and 1 of 10 HMs on MLB.com). I was not expecting that so now I've moved him up my list even more (#38 now).
            Last edited by rhd; 02-01-2024, 02:16 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              With the Corbin Burnes trade, Joey Ortiz is now looking at playing time with the big club. Where does he fall?

              Separately, who do you like best of the no MiLB players, ie College/Japan/Korea/Cuba/etc?
              Ad Astra per Aspera

              Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

              GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

              Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

              I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                With the Corbin Burnes trade, Joey Ortiz is now looking at playing time with the big club. Where does he fall?

                Separately, who do you like best of the no MiLB players, ie College/Japan/Korea/Cuba/etc?
                Thanx for the response, J.

                For the time being, I'm thinking Ortiz will be a starter for the Brewers and will get significant playing time this year and I've moved him up to (#92.

                I'm assuming you dont mean the foreign imports that will be MLBers this year. The one I like the best is the one I have ranked the highest, which is Roki Sasaki. Rumors are that he's trying to get himself posted after this season so that he could come over in 2025. He is expected to be in MLB at least by 2026. And the amateur player I like is also the one I have ranked the highest, which is J.J. Wetherholt. He is among a group of 4 or so players that are among the favorites to be drafted (#1 this summer, along w Kurtz, Bazzana and Caglianone. He has great power/speed potential. I actually saw him play a game against the Terps last year.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I traded for rights to Masyn Winn based in part on his prospect standing and partly on the four years of options that came with him.

                  What can you tell that is not already common knowledge?
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

                  Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

                  GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

                  Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

                  I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    I traded for rights to Masyn Winn based in part on his prospect standing and partly on the four years of options that came with him.

                    What can you tell that is not already common knowledge?
                    BA's report says he has developing power but has struggled against heat and has low exit velocity. He has plus bat-to-ball skills and exhibits plus contact in the zone but chases too much. FWIW, he did not hit well in his brief MLB callup last year. He has easy plus speed and is a standout defender w a cannon arm and figures to be the opening day SS for the Cards. I've seen him comp'ed to Rafael Furcal, which is quite a complement. I like where I have him ranked rt now (#27).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      BA's report says he has developing power but has struggled against heat and has low exit velocity. He has plus bat-to-ball skills and exhibits plus contact in the zone but chases too much. FWIW, he did not hit well in his brief MLB callup last year. He has easy plus speed and is a standout defender w a cannon arm and figures to be the opening day SS for the Cards. I've seen him comp'ed to Rafael Furcal, which is quite a complement. I like where I have him ranked rt now (#27).
                      As young as he is, power can still blossom. If he plays and gets on base he has value.

                      In any event, I saw a composite dynasty list where he was top 200.

                      Wasn't Furcal the one who was RoY with a slugging lower than his on base average?
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

                      Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

                      GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

                      Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

                      I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        As young as he is, power can still blossom. If he plays and gets on base he has value.

                        In any event, I saw a composite dynasty list where he was top 200.

                        Wasn't Furcal the one who was RoY with a slugging lower than his on base average?
                        Yes, in his rookie season, Furcal had a .382 SLG and a .394 OBP.
                        Last edited by rhd; 02-11-2024, 06:38 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I am in a standard 5x5 AL only league with a 10-man minor league roster. That means most of the established names are already taken so I must dig a little deeper. We have a five-round draft after the major league portion of our auction. My minor leaguers are: Wyatt Langford, Ricky Tiedeman, Addison Barger, Yasser Mercedes, Gavin Cross, Jacob Gonzalez and Jud Fabian and Greg Jones.

                          I will definitely drop Greg Jones. I am likely to cut Fabian as well. Cross and Gonzales were on your list last year and both dropped off. Are they worth gambling on and keeping? Did they fall off your list due to just not being able to consistently put the bat on the ball?

                          I took Mercedes very late last year. What are your thoughts? I can afford to stash him if the upside is there.

                          That leaves me with four keepers and deciding on Cross/Gonzales. The best options to draft right now are last year’s draftees and some of those folks have already been drafted. For example, me with Langford and Gonzales.

                          Thank you for your work and any input you can provide.
                          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA


                          Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                            I am in a standard 5x5 AL only league with a 10-man minor league roster. That means most of the established names are already taken so I must dig a little deeper. We have a five-round draft after the major league portion of our auction. My minor leaguers are: Wyatt Langford, Ricky Tiedeman, Addison Barger, Yasser Mercedes, Gavin Cross, Jacob Gonzalez and Jud Fabian and Greg Jones.

                            I will definitely drop Greg Jones. I am likely to cut Fabian as well. Cross and Gonzales were on your list last year and both dropped off. Are they worth gambling on and keeping? Did they fall off your list due to just not being able to consistently put the bat on the ball?

                            I took Mercedes very late last year. What are your thoughts? I can afford to stash him if the upside is there.

                            That leaves me with four keepers and deciding on Cross/Gonzales. The best options to draft right now are last year’s draftees and some of those folks have already been drafted. For example, me with Langford and Gonzales.

                            Thank you for your work and any input you can provide.
                            Thanx for your response, Vecmizer.

                            I really dont see much in Mercedes. Yeah, he's young and has tools but he was terrible last year. I'd bet more on Cross and Gonzalez rebounding than I would Mercedes. It sounds like you can keep 5 minor-leaguers in your league. Langford and Tiedemann are no-brainers. I dont know who's available and I dont know your league but I would think I could get 3 guys better than all of the rest of your minor leaguers. I would drop Jones and Mercedes and you can decide yourself if you're likely to get other players better than the other 3.
                            Last edited by rhd; 02-17-2024, 12:16 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Rhd, anything you have seen from recent lists such as fangraphs which has caught your eye ?
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Rhd, anything you have seen from recent lists such as fangraphs which has caught your eye ?
                                Well, one thing that caught everyone's eye was River Ryan at (#19. Maybe a bit of a divisive player, as Keith Law had him at (#33 but no other major publication I've seen ranked him at all, altho he got a couple honorable mentions. Seems like an odd choice to be ranked so high, as BA's report indicates that he's more of a high-floor guy than a high-ceiling one. Converted late to be a full-time pitcher. I'm not putting him on my list yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X