Sign of spring...training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of spring...training

The first player sighting of spring training?

Riley Greene has started his hitting progression with Tiger's coaches at the team’s spring training facility in Florida. Greene had TJ surgery on his non-throwing elbow in September.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

What's his status for the start of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      What's his status for the start of the year?
      He's expected to be ready for opening day. But, following TJ surgery for a hitter, I wouldn't be surprised to see decreased power from him for at least the first few months. The same can be said for Ohtani. So I would temper expectations for him as well. Both players would make for good trade targets if they are struggling out of the gate.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

He's expected to be ready for opening day. But, following TJ surgery for a hitter, I wouldn't be surprised to see decreased power from him for at least the first few months. The same can be said for Ohtani. So I would temper expectations for him as well. Both players would make for good trade targets if they are struggling out of the gate.
        Greene is two months ahead of where Harper was with his TJ last year, so he should be ready just in time for the regular season. Harper was pretty good last year, but did seem to take a bit of a hit in the power department.

Comment

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball is now up.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Greene is two months ahead of where Harper was with his TJ last year, so he should be ready just in time for the regular season. Harper was pretty good last year, but did seem to take a bit of a hit in the power department.
            I read that situation differently. Bryce was back to himself in August. His power took a hit because he came back early.

By that measure you'd expect Greene to be back to normal starting in June.

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

anyone gonna be in Bradenton on March 1st or Clearwater March 2nd?

Comment

Working...
                X